1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GAWD! Wii bricked again!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Mar 2, 2010.

1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

WTF. I finally fixed my wii. Then I started the Wii up, and I went into settings to check my wii system mene. I click settings, freeze. I shut the Wii down, start it back up and then it is a black screen. So I put my SD card with cboot2 files on it so I could reinstall the system menu and IOS60. I did that, and it is still bricked. What do I do?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Holy Crap man!

That totally sucks.

I'm at a loss.

I've never had a bricked Wii and I only really learn from experience or reading things over and over...

Try the method again?

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Can someone compare my md5 sums of my NORMAL UNPATCHED IOS60 and system update 4.1U wads with mine?

IOS60:
    Code:
    942fe86151e547ae5a197d64639e5baa
    4.1U:
    Code:
    514c23e46c7ff47d1d7d9cf193b59ca8

4. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

srry to hear that but now i think you wont hack the wii man not worth it all

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Why?

Give me a good reason and I'll stop modding my Wii.

It's well worth it. Just like using a flash cart or flashing a PSP.

There are prices to pay for modding a system. Some people face the worst parts.

6. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Wii is not hard to hack, but is very annoying if you don't have the proper help or guides.

ace101 helped me out alot, but there was a week that I couldn't really get in contact with him about some installations, and had no idea what they where called, but I kept searching on google for answers and I finally manage to fix my final problems, but it took me a while and at the end it was worth doing.
    looking at it now it's not hard at all, but like I said it was annoying for a noob like me, but my advice for stupid people like me is, that before you actually try this make sure you get multiple guides and read up on how and what each thing does and watch some youtube videos and always google some of thoes weird ass names that the hackers use for the "patches " and files.

Also, googling " how to hack a wii" or" how to mod a wii" and youtubing it helps alot and always read there comments, and if youre really unsure about something.. as a last ditch effort ask for help from someone that might know on youtube, because some people might have a answer or know something you didn't know.

it sure helped me out(thoe ace101 helped me out alot about 85% with the guide) and the youtube videos along with googling random crap did it for me.

Thoe it wasn't hard, but it kinda reminded me on how I was with DS games in the begining.

Seriously it's not hard, but you just gotta read over the guide again and again and pay attention and if your stuck ask for help or google the things your not sure of, and if you don't know what it's called ask someone what it is called and then google it.

I would give my opinion on how to fix a bricked wii, but I haven't bricked my wii yet, but what I can do is offer advice for thoes few people that are reading this and are thinking about soft modding there wii.

7. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

don't think i will be hacking the wii. i'm not bad with the ds, but im a novice compared to you guys, and if you have had problems twice with bricking it mikeac, then i have no chance at all

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'll just buy a mod chip...unlike a psp I have too much respect to risk damaging it (even though I learnt how to unbrick my psp WITHOUT a pandora XD).

Hrm...prehaps the system has finnally carked it....

9. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I don't have much to add other than "somebody turn their attention to mikeac before this topic gets derailed kthx". Good luck, man.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Hey mike.

Have you tried using the IOS60 and the update manager from dogeggs guide?

It works as I was guiding caffeine through it the other day.

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/16970-new-3-1-4-1-softmod-any-wii.html

11. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I'm gonna do it when my bro is gone, he doesn't know I bricked the Wii, too busy playing Halo Wars.

12. andru13

andru13 Member

guys can u help me plz!

i got "error 003" on my wii when i upgraded it!

help me PLZ!! Can i Still Fix It!!!???

13. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Have you tried the save me frii option??

14. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

try looking on the wii hack fourms i rember seeing one.

all so in my oppion when you get your wii unbrick dont try and hack it again. i stop hacking mine and took off the hacks i put on my for this resone no matter what that hack can do it not worth the the pain to fix it again

lol even if this means i will buy my gamecube games

15. sinno

sinno Member

Hey Mike
    Just a thought but is it a bannerbomb brick,did you get rid of it after you modded the wii,i often have trouble accesing the sd card if its still on it after modding,preloader is also a must to help you out of these situations,this is the simplest guide for modding the wii
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/323614321/uberguide_update.rar
    Post Merge: [time]1268087179[/time]
    andru13
    Have you gone to 4.2
    Where exactly are you getting the error
    Try running the update again

16. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Error 003 bricks only occur on the Korean 4.2 Update. you are SCREWED. You will have to buy another Wii. Error 003 bricks are unfixable until the next system update comes out.
    It isn't I bannerbrick. Still, if anyone can find me something that can backup my NAND WITHOUT BOOTMII, I would be REALLY, REALLY HAPPY.