1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gateway or MT Card, which is better for 3DS Ver4.1~4.5?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by kenebon, Aug 6, 2014.

1. kenebon

kenebon Member

As is known to us all, Gateway 3DS, MT Card, R4i gold deluxe edition can be used to play 3DS games on Nintendo 3DS Ver 4.5~4.1, playing a important role in 3DS flashcart. However, which is better, gateway or MT Card? How to choose from them and What do you really need by different features owned by different cards? The problems will be solved and clear if know the similarity and difference between them.

Same Features,

Support 4.1~4.5 3DS/3DS XL console system
    Support multiROM
    Game cart backup
    EmuNand 7.x
    official carts region free
    Support Eshop
    Support SaveEditor

The Difference

Obviously, Gateway and MT Card comes from different official site, produced by different team then it is sure that they have different hardware and software. Second, gateway 3ds can dump 3ds roms from the retail 3ds game cart, but mt card can’t. The features of them are the same expect this. But the price for gateway 3ds is much more expensive than mt card. Maybe mentioned above, gateway 3ds has one more feature, but actually this feature is not that important,because we don’t use it too much, we can just download the 3ds games and don’t need to dump them from the retail cart, in the other hand, if we already have the retail cart, why we need to play it with the gateway 3ds.

The conclusion,
    Both of them are very good cards and update regularly, so you can buy both of them, though gateway 3ds is more popular because it is the first one, i still recommend buy mt card for its cheaper price but same features.

2. Davidolives

Davidolives Member

yeah, now at leat in my eyes that the two cards don't have much difference, the features are almost the same, but gateway 3ds is expensiver than mt card. So i got the cheaper one, mt card from one offical reseller r4depot site in usa, hope the mt card will not let me down and wish it can release more xcited news, like V8.1.

3. 3dsmm

3dsmm Member

Telling you a good news, gateway team is working on it to make their product run on the latest 3ds firmware! Though I think we still need time to wait for it and that won't be long! So gateway 3ds is still the card you should have! It was the first card supporting 3ds roms and still will be the first one to support the new firmware!

4. Linda1121

Linda1121 Member

Wow, really? if so, that will be great! Nintendo 3DS has updated to v8.1.0-19, it update very fast recently, could gateway team keep up with it? Looking forward it!

5. wxlix

wxlix Member

MT Card.
    It's good enough.
    But no any updates from MT Card site for a few months.

6. deviousgsr

deviousgsr Member

+ mt-card

7. proulx_francis

proulx_francis New Member

mt-card has similar function with gateway 3ds,and now it is the only one cart that supports game cheat function and the price is a little cheaper as well,so personally suggest you buy mt-card.

8. flashmozzg

flashmozzg Active Member

Gateway. Or the one thats cheaper.