1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gateway 3DS On the Market Now!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Adam Du, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Adam Du

Adam Du Member

This time is real! Like what they said on the wabpage, I asked the customer service of 3dstown and made sure they really received a batch of Gateway 3ds just now.
    I have noticed the store for a long time and now i finally wait over. Gateway 3DS is Coming out!

2. jerry186

jerry186 New Member

my friend has got his gateway 3ds card from gamezway. it's so pity that my 3dsxl is larger than 4.5 ... can any guys lower the 3ds system ?

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Yeah! Send it to Nintendo, and tell them it's because you're intending to use rom and flash cartridge, instead of their originals. Alternatively, sell your console, and buy new one which hasn't been upgraded.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

too late for gateway 3ds, they're not planning on supporting beyond 3ds 6.1 and 6.2 is already out.

5. Prectorian

The blue cart is essentially just an ordinary NDS flash cart which I don't think will ever be updated past v.6.1.0. In fact there's been report of rom ran on it failed to overcome the AP protections embedded in the rom, without the rom being pre-patched. Thus that's a let down since no secondary firmware supports it. Then comes the red cart which couldn't be use on 3DS firmware above v.4.5.0; the console is now at v.6.2.0. That's roughly 4 updates down the line. Not to mention the cart couldn't play any 3DS rom from games released past March 2013 (if not mistaken regarding exact date). It's a flop. It does opens the door for the possibility of better 3DS flash carts, but the gateway isn't worth buying in the long run since it's practically over even before it was released. Now that it has, it already hits dead end.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Maybe not.
    The card is basically a full blown clone of the R4i Gold 3DS (the one YWG supports).

With luck, one of RGF's firmware's might work on it...

7. Prectorian

We'll see about that, but essentially the important one is the red cart, since that's what sets it apart from the others; it runs 3DS rom, the first of it's kind. With it only supporting v.4.5.0 and rom released before March 2013, it's kind of a bummer to expect much in the long run. Like I said, it does opens the path for better 3DS rom flash carts, but the current released gateway has hit a fortress it can't penetrate from day 1. Hopefully their next batch would be better, or some other manufacturer could improve theirs. Looking forward to the future carts, not the current one. :)

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I'm the same.
    Hopefully the Supercard team will deliver something.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

frankly I think it's a false start, because it depends on an exploit in the 3DS firmware. Once that is patched it will cease to work and there's no way around that.

10. Prectorian

It's a failure for the most part since it can't run rom from games released after March 2013, but we do have to acknowledge that it's the first 3DS rom player no matter how it made it to work. Yes, it hits the wall even before it was released, and as many had most likely already upgraded (either aware or accidentally) their 3DS console to above v.4.5.0, and it can't work on any above it, and for sure Nintendo would continue to release updates for it's 3DS console to keep it at least a step ahead from being fully hijacked, it's a certain lost cause buying that cart for sure.

11. Adam Du

Adam Du Member

i'm waiting

12. Prectorian

Good luck.