1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gateway 3ds News Regarding 8.0 Update

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by m_babble, Jul 9, 2014.

1. m_babble

m_babble Member

Latest system update 8.x
    Posted on July 8, 2014

You may have noticed that system firmware 8.0.0 has recently been released.

We have analysed this update and we want to advise our users the following:

- Currently do not update emunand to this version as it will not boot. Old emunand versions (7.x or lower) will keep booting fine.

- If you did update emunand, do not worry. Our next firmware update will bring your updated emunand back to life.

- This update uses the same encryption as 7.x, only applied to more system processes which prevents emunand booting.

- We are still on track on getting our next firmware out, this update does not change much in our game plan.

It is so reassuring that gateway 3ds team answer to the new V8.x quickly. I just like the idea that Gateway are working on (any by the sound of things, are succeeding) cracking the very encryption that Nintendo have decided to use to protect in this update even though the only intention was to allow us to run 7.x encrypted games/eshop apps. ;D Go Team Gateway! Hope GateWay can handle it. And I just bought today my gateway from a usa site r4depot and my 3ds 4.2 , i want to upgrade the emunand, however, is there someway to force the emunand to update just to 7.x or 6.x? I can go gw 4.2 and play even pokemon.