1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Garchomp moveset

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by ASuch, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

I just caught a Gible, and I want to make it into a very powerful Garchomp. I don't wanna battle online, but I want to make him one of my main powerhouses. What is a good moveset for a Garchomp? And the nature I have is Adamant.

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Outrage, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, Stone Edge.

Pick as you see fit, there are probably even more moves.

3. biomonkxl

biomonkxl Well-Known Member

Do not add Fire Blast or Draco Meteor. They are NOT physical.
    visit for more info about EVs etc:
    http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/garchomp

Also, Try to aim for a Jolly as you want the speed but don't need the Sp. Attack

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Because...you know, mixed sets aren't viable at all...I mean, at all...
    My Salamance is the DD variety, but it still has Fire Blast in the event some little bitch called Skarmory comes around. Hehe.

Oh, and since he's not going to PvP, I'd forgo the whole Jolly thing. That's only useful if everyone is so keen on using Adamant varieties so that you have the upper hand in going first. And then everyone will start using Jolly variants, and then we have speed ties!

There's Dragon Claw in case you don't like being locked into Outrage for at least two turns and then confusion.
    Fire Fang is also useful if you want to run a completely physical set.

Go here for a full analysis.
    http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/garchomp
    Look up the Swords Dance version, stick a Life Orb on it, make it Adamant, and anything that doesn't resist a +2 [insert attack name here] is done. I'd seriously run Dragon Claw over Outrage in the event the next pokemon sent out is a Weavile/Mamoswine and decides to use Ice Shard that ends your sweep...

I'd recommend a pure bulky water on your team to bait the electric attacks as well as resist any incoming Ice Beams.

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

/facepalm

Did someone just try to tell me what not to put on a Garchomp? Jesus Christ. Also, he's not battling online, so we don't need to go too in-depth about it.