1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gaming on an airplane!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deneel, Jun 21, 2010.

1. deneel

deneel Well-Known Member

hey,
    this year i go on vacantion to america ;D and i heard from my aunt that you can watch movies and play games on an air plane! but my aunt have onley watch movies :-\ and don't know what kind of games it have
    somebody here know's that?
    i fly from amsterdam (holland) to new york whit delta airlines.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgYbl1yiEew a video if you don't know what i mean.

2. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

Re: Gaming on a airplane!

Well. I didn't go to your airplane but mine had noob games that I didn't enjoy.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

If an airline had games, I highly doubt it'd have good ones. I know someone who has a in car DVD player with games and it's absolute trash, I expect an airline to have the same thing. The DS or PSP is much, much better.

Although those airline TVs are great for watching movies. I watched a couple of movies on an airplane that were in theatres too, very neat. I also watched The Office and it was good times.

France takes so long to get to. Italy takes longer. My airline entertainment did not have any games, just music (that only had two CDs, and Usher one and Weezer's Red Album(, movies (with some still in theatres or in limbo from theatres to DVD) and TV shows from specific broadcasters (most of NBC's shows were on it). I also think there's satellite radio but you had to pay for it.

Sleep is probably a better option than the entertainment though. Flying that distance comes with sever jet lag. Once we got to France, we didn't sleep that much so when we got there we looked like zombies and had a pale complexion and clearly visible bags under our eyes. Thank god we had nothing planned that day.

4. deneel

deneel Well-Known Member

i know but i don't think i can play on my ds for 6 hours 0-0

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Which is why you can watch movies or watch TV or better yet, sleep.

Traveling is tiring.

Or attempt to join the mile high club.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I cant sleep on an aircraft, far too much vibration. (then again, I'm more sensitive to vibration due to my lack of hearing). Sometimes I watch a movie, but generally I listen to music (yay for MP3 players with 16 hour batteries)

7. deneel

deneel Well-Known Member

my ipod can play 30 hour 0-0 but my ds is going to be the problem ;( but are there only CRAP games?

8. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Is it true you cannot play any gadgets that has wifi connectiivity or signal sending/receiving on an airplane?

9. deneel

deneel Well-Known Member

yes

10. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

ah, I would have suggested using a laptop or netbook for emulation, movies and music...but since its off-limits for usage on a plane, then i wouldn't suggest it.

It could be cool to do so, instead of having the planes movies, music and games..you could choose what you prefer

11. deneel

deneel Well-Known Member

you can turn off the wifi receiving :p but i have an deskop not an laptop

12. Loonylion

Laptops are fine so long as they are turned off during take-off and landing, and the wifi/bluetooth/wimax etc are turned off.

13. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I have a solution for that. Get an extra DS battery. Remove your current battery and charge this one. Now, take the extra battery with you. I'm not sure how strict they are on airlines where you're at, but if you can't bring a screwdriver to open the battery door, you could always just tape the door on and put the screw in a VERY GOOD place. Also, having more then one DS is a very solid solution, but, yeah, I don't know too many people besides myself who have more then one.

Now, once the battery dies after about four hours or so, simply replace it with the next battery. :D

Unorthodox? Yes. Kind of pointless? Probably. Would I do it? Probably not.

14. Loonylion

screwdrivers are not allowed, neither are naked batteries. Also if they see you fidding inside an electronic device you're liable to be arrested.

15. deneel

deneel Well-Known Member

wtf why they are not allowed =_= there's one thing i hate about america is the law T-T

16. Loonylion

potential weapon.

17. deneel

deneel Well-Known Member

0_0 can you kill somebody whit an screwdriver?

18. leonx3000

leonx3000 Member

Yeah, you can kill someone with a screwdriver.

19. deneel

deneel Well-Known Member

someone whit karate skills is then also an 'weapon'.
    but, someone know what kind of movies you can watch?

20. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

^Same.

I have special earthingy's for in planes...my ears are not that good :(
    That means I only do hear the vibrations (so if my mom yells at me I can't hear it, if she sits besides me or not).
    Even with my all-day earthingy's I cannot fully hear things...

I recommended taking your DS fully charged with you.
    Also take an MP3 player and headphones with you, if your DS gets empty.
    Make sure you put music and stuff on your MP3/DS ;)
    (oh and take "oordopjes" with you)