1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamestop Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cowcat06, Jan 16, 2011.

1. cowcat06

cowcat06 Well-Known Member

I just bought a brand new Ds Lite from Gamestop last month. I didn't get the $10 warrenty. I thought I'd never need it since I have never had a problem with a brand new system. The touch screen stops responding sometimes & is getting kind of annoying. Would they let me exchange it for another brand new system even though I didn't get the warrenty? Or would they let me buy the warrenty now since I didn't buy it when I purchased the system?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you shouldnt need the warranty since its only a month old.

3. cowcat06

cowcat06 Well-Known Member

Would they still let me exchange it for a brand new one if the touch screen keeps having problems?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Something this new is covered by the default manufacturer's warranty. Warranties sold by stores are usually extensions on the original warranty, really just "scams" to get more money out of the customer though.

(I say "scam" because it is a real warranty, but is generally not needed and the stores only use them to get a few more bucks outta of the customer, and the warranty is rarely if ever used.)

5. Tehcactus

Tehcactus Well-Known Member

I'm going to suggest something that you've most likely done.

Try calibrating it.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes, calibration may work. Nintendo's products are built to last if taken care of well.