1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lelouchp11, Sep 1, 2009.

1. lelouchp11

lelouchp11 Well-Known Member

Is it easy to make a good video game and is it really time consuming about how long does it take to make a game and get the legal papers to sell it and ect.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Errr, with an experienced team and if you're creating a large game and not some flash game? Years. Alone? A decade.

3. ultra

ultra Guest

not necessarily. if you consider games from like the nes days or even the 16bit days, there are games made by small teams.

to make good games is to make the imagination of the player become brilliant.
    there is an "iwata ask" episode where they were discussing on the making of punch out wii. what was interesting was the time when they tried to make the arcade game of punch out. what they did was create the experience where the user felt they were a boxer. if you can do this to any game you make, then you will always have a good game. if you can't do this then you'll get bargin bins.

when i play metal gear solid 1, i felt like i was rambo. but when i played the rest of the other metal gear solid game [2-4], the story and imagination became different. this is why the game has gotten stale.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Depends.

If your making a flash game...it'll be shorter than a proper one.

I suggest finding some howbrew and see what some small teams have made-they seem simple but that's because it takes alot of effort just to get them running.

Yes and no is the answer-but you will need tools-and the knoledge (may I suggest taking a course in video game development-and no I'm not joking).

If you distribute as homebrew or flash then no legal documents are required as far as I know-it's gonna be free.

If you want to make games to sell then...it's gonna have to be preety good, and then you would have to sell the game to a publisher (THQ or EA will eat it up I bet XD).

If anyone wants to correct me then your welcome too (but not spelling-no point derailing a good question)

5. lelouchp11

lelouchp11 Well-Known Member

thank you for the answers you all have solved my curisoty :)

6. Kylee1994

Kylee1994 New Member

Im not sure... But I want Mini Ninjas and it comes out today but why isn't it up for download yet? It is almost 7:30 on the day it's supposed to come out!

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Kylee: Please don't hijack threads, also see the "no NDS requests" thread in the proper section for your request. (that would be the ROM Request section)

8. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

I have a question about games too...if you are intending to make a hombrew game with a team between 7 and 10,how much would it take if you already have the necessary spirits and all the script?(RPG for example)

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, as long as you have the correct types of spirits (I prefer Whiskey), then much fun will be had, and after three hours, if you had enough spirits, there is a good chance you'll be wasted enough to not care anymore :)