1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Games wont load .sav

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lizz0784, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizz0784

Lizz0784 Well-Known Member

Acekard 2.1
    Akaio v1.4.1 updated to v1.5.1
    Akloader updated

All games run fine and save fine but wont recognize .sav when going back into the games. Am I missing a file in the _aio folder?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Check to see the save type extension of the settings. You can choose .NDS.SAV or .SAV
    AKAIO defaulted to .SAV, yours might use the old acekard save type.

3. Lizz0784

Akaio saves the files as .sav. I've used the ds to convert them to .nds.sav but that didn't work. Maybe if I use the pc converter to convert them to .nds.sav but I don't get why .sav wouldn't work since it's Akaio v1.5.1
    Post Merge: [time]1262744023[/time]
    Online converter didn't work. .nds.sav didn't work. I have to be missing something. How does the game load the .sav anyways?

Is there a missing file with the akaio v1.4.1 and v1.5.1? download from http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/. Or is the new akloader from gbatemp for v1.5.1 not working? That loader enabled me to get games to play and save games though.

Maybe the .sav file is named wrong? It always saves as the same thing as the game. Ex: New Super Mario Bros.nds, New Super Mario Bros.sav. Is there something wrong with the names and not the extension?

I can't seem to find anyone else who has had this problem with Acekard 2.1 with every game. The only one that actually will load the save is the New super mario bros. Although when you open the game it says File1 :New Game but loads the sav.

I can't think of why it would be the sd card. I've tried 3 different cards with all the same problem. The only thing I can think of is a missing file or an option I need to change for the games to load .sav...
    Post Merge: [time]1262744236[/time]
    I'm going to try some of the same games in No$gba and see if that works with saving, then maybe convert and move the .sav's to the acekard. Ugh...
    Post Merge: [time]1262812368[/time]
    I've tried everything possible and still can't get the games to load .sav or .nds.sav. =/

4. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

i had the same problem with my acekard 2i and it was because i had put the latest loader for akaio in the 'akaio loaders'folder and it should have gone in the 'loaders' folder.hypnos told me and he was spot on as it works fine now so its worth having a look at that just incase you have done the same thing._aio is the folder that the loaders folder is in.

5. Lizz0784

Tried that. It's not the problem. I've recently seen a lot of posts popping up about the same thing. No fix's. I'm assuming it's a bad batch of acekard 2.1 since everyone who has the same problem bought acekard 2.1 and bought them recently =/ Will be sending mine back for a replacement

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

buy the acekard 2i Lizz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.