1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Games with a good story :)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by AnimeLovee, Dec 17, 2010.

1. AnimeLovee

AnimeLovee Well-Known Member

Im looking for a DS game with a good storyline, it can be any genre. :) thank you.

2. Lea-Gamer

Lea-Gamer Well-Known Member

Try the professor Layton series; they left me guessing till the end. I had a little teary after I finished the 2nd and 3rd ones.
    Though if you don't like using your brain to solve puzzles, never mind...

3. AnimeLovee

No i quite like puzzle games. :]

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Play them in order.

5. koolenergy

koolenergy Well-Known Member

The World Ends with you,Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, 999

i cant remeber all of them i'll edit when i do

6. AnimeLovee

Played them both
    Played TWEWY and Golden Sun, 999 just doesnt appeal to me.

7. kammithecamel

kammithecamel Well-Known Member

Let's see...For serious stories, try Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, Avalon Code, Shin Megami Tensei Devils Survivor/Strange Journey, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Hotel Dusk Room 215, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, Knights in the Nightmare, Sukoden Teirkreis, the Castlevania series, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate, Infinite Space, Tales of Innocence (with the translation patch), and Time Hollow. Those are the best serious-y stories I can think of off the top of my head (not counting remakes). If you don't mind funny or quirky stories, play the Luminous Arc series, Disgaea, Phoenix Wright series, the Mario & Luigi series, Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, Contact, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier, and uh...that's about all I can think of. I hope you haven't played or dislike too many of these games.

EDIT: I also enjoyed the Runefactory stories.

8. AnimeLovee

WOW nice list thanks :), i've played the majority but there are some i haven't played yet, and thanks again :D

9. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

The Ace Attorney series has brilliant writing and awesomely convoluted plots.

10. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

999 - best game on the world, couldn't breathe while playing in some moments. Phoenix Wright series are good too, especially Miles Edgeworth's Investigations with hooot Kay xD

11. madcrazy2ks

madcrazy2ks Member

Another recommendation on 999 from me. The story is just amazing. The different types of intrigue keep player going even thou the gameplay is ancient and has nothing innovative. 999 gets a 10+ on story, and it deserves a movie.

12. AnimeLovee

since everybody seems to love this game i'll give it a try. :)

13. tantimongoose

tantimongoose Well-Known Member

Try trauma center under the knife - the story line gets really deep as you get into the game.

14. taleoson

taleoson Well-Known Member

Phoenix Wright series

9 hours 9 people 9 doors

15. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Quoting and aranging the list for easier viewing. And god, awesome list.
    My own recommendations in bold.

About Lufia, if you like a good story/plot, i would recommend you the original SNES version and NOT the DS version.

Other games are

Sands of Destruction - Save the world my ***, play this RPG where you are doing the exactly what you shouldn't be doing.
    Glory Of Heracles - This game get a few points in the story because it does a hell of a god job of the greek mythology with a kinda different plot
    Black Sigil: Blade of exiled - Third partie game that remenbers Chrono Trigger. Don't try playing this game without "no-randon encounters" and "exp multiplier" cheat on.

16. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

i like the second one the first one was crap compared to the second one

17. ADMSeraphes

ADMSeraphes Well-Known Member

Nostalgia. I admit I'm kinda addicted to this game, but its partly due to the fact that its replayable after you finish the main plot, and despite all biased reviews who say the game is very linear, it's mainly because they haven't discovered the character and side quests. Good dual fight system, you get your own airship to fly around the world, but you fight in both in the air and on land.

Did i forget Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure? It's a quirky story... main character has to be best dressed to finish the game!

18. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 Well-Known Member

try ghost trick ..

19. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

thank you thread Ive been playing 999 and professor Layton since i read this thing
    i recommend plants vs zombies very good defense game

20. Xariel

Xariel New Member

Same recommendation from me.
    Awesome game and great story.