1. This forum is in read-only mode.

games take an eternity to load

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chelsrulz, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chelsrulz

chelsrulz Member

Can someone please let me know what i need to do .games take forever to load on my DS i am using an r4 upgrade sdhc and have loaded the latest firmware..

2. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

Maybe updating the firmware might help. What game would that be that your talking about?

3. chelsrulz

chelsrulz Member

have loaded the latest firmware V1.14b and seems to be on most games big brain acadamy , brain training +2, mario and luigi partners in time, grand theft auto.. What am i to do , we are talking several minutes to load the games

4. zerobahamut

You said load but does the game work?

5. chelsrulz

chelsrulz Member

yes they work fine when they eventually load but yet others load just fine. the games that take a while to load. Load. alright on my other kids DS and DSI.

6. zerobahamut

It could be the amount of extra space that you have left. I think.

7. chelsrulz

chelsrulz Member

its a new 2 gig sd card with only 10 games on it
    Post Merge: [time]1262823175[/time]
    would it be at all possible that an older version of the firmware might work on my newlly purchased r4 sdhc upgrade card. and if so where could i get it and would i just delete the firmware off the card and leave games on there and place older firmware on it. As i have alredy formatted and reinstalled vfirmware once already..

8. orions57

orions57 Well-Known Member

the r4 upgrade sdhc should not work on the dsi it will work on the ds ds lite the software for your card should be v1.26

v1.26 download here http://www.r4sdhc.com/download-en.htm

9. busboy61

busboy61 New Member

Hi, same problem here with my new r4i card with latest v.i4b. Most games load straight away, while some games i.e who wants to be a millionaire 2, FIFA 09 take about 3 mins to load, but once loaded play fine.
    who wants to be a millionaire 1 loads fast! ???

10. orions57

is it the r4i card with the 1.4 logo top right.

11. busboy61

busboy61 New Member

Hi, my card says R4i with V1.4 in a yellow star in the middle. R4 upgrade revolution www.r4i-sdhc.com. Thanks :)

12. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

Just try to format it....

13. busboy61

busboy61 New Member

Hi, have formatted twice to FAT32. When you format a 2gb card what should the allocation unit be set at ? thanks.

14. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

Maybe you should use "Panasonic SD Formatter"...

15. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

I have heard that defraging the microsd can cause this. Copy everything of and use the Panasonic SD Formatter.

Defraging a flash based device(usb, sd, micro/mini sd) is unneccesary and will cause the card to wear out.

16. busboy61

busboy61 New Member

Hi, thanks guys for your replies, i will try the Panasonic SD Formatter :) :)
    Post Merge: [time]1263059021[/time]
    Hi again, just to say thanks and you guys are awesome, the Panasonic SD Formatter worked a treat :) now it makes a save file in no time and loads the game fast ;) thanks again.

17. orions57

great glad it works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.