1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Games take ages to load

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by keithquinn, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithquinn

keithquinn Member

Hi there, i'm fairly new to this and have got the hang of loading my R4 card with roms and playing them but I have a wee problem...

Around a third of the games take ages (about 2-3mins) to load every time I select them, the progress bar sticks with about 10% of the bar remaining, when they do eventually load they work perfectly but my kid tends not to play those games because they have to wait for a long time

I've got an R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution card with a Kingston 4Gb SDHC micro sd which I've formatted a few times now, I've also had this problem with another slightly different card, I've tried the most up to date firmware and other firmwares but still the problem remains

It happens with about 30 of the games i've tried so far, Family Fortunes, Raving rabbids 2, Big Brain Academy and Mario and Sonic at the Winter Games are games which spring to mind

Please help if you can - even if its to say that you have seen the problem yourself

Thanks

Keith

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

maybe down to the class of your microSD card, i usually buy class6,

look on your microSD card to see what class yours is

3. ksds

ksds New Member

I have this exact same problem, :(, would be very grateful if someone could sort it

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Please keep it to one topic.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=31061.msg541037#msg541037

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.