1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Games starting to freeze!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fionn, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionn

Fionn Active Member

I have had a supercard DS 1 for a while now with little problem but recently some games have started freezing on the menu. These games that used to work now freeze at the same point every time. Chrono Trigger freezes at the 'touch to start' part, elite beat agents freezes, DQ4 freezes when I fight a certain enemy. at the menu and other old games. Most games don't do this so I don't think its the Card. It seems like its the ROMS but these ROMs used to work and I can't update the firmware because I keep getting an error message if I try put the new firmware on. Please Help.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...your card is not one of the reccomnded brands-it may be outdated.

Unless otherwise I suggest updating to a dstti or (my personal choice) a acekard 2.i-easier to use.

But best wait-someone may have a solution.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Backup all your games and saves, and format your MicroSD card.

4. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

use a good brand like a ezflash or acekard

5. Fionn

Fionn Active Member

SuperCard DS one is a great card and I did research before picking it and has been reliable for a year and a half now. I guess I'll try in my friends R4 but I'm not sure it will do anything.
    Post Merge: [time]1252243523[/time]
    It's not the card man.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It was a good card...but in the age of the dsi it's not the same as before...

And don't bother with r4-head ache machine now :(

Reformat the sd card like trithRR said.

But do backup your contents first :)

7. Fionn

Fionn Active Member

I'm not sure what you mean. I know flashcard are unpredictable on the DSi but I have a DSL for that reason so my card shouldn't be affected.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well I was just saying..anyway my older acekard 2.1 (pre-dsi time) just had a massive malfunction-but after a reformat it works like new.

Try a reformat anyway (after back up).

And I meant it's not up to date anymore-I hardly hear this card being spoken about these days...prehaps it is good since it is hardly ever asked about.

9. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

The SCDS1 still gets updated when necessary.

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Alright guys, quit arguing about flashcarts.

Freezing issues are covered in the common issues thread. The first step is backing up and formatting you MicroSD card.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.