1. This forum is in read-only mode.

games similar to TWEWY

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Light_Of_Darkness, May 31, 2009.

1. Light_Of_Darkness

Light_Of_Darkness Well-Known Member

i absolutely LOVED TWEWY and now that ive beat it (100% completion) i have nothing to do, can u guys recommend some RPGs that u think ill like? (currently playing zelda)

EDIT:damn TWEWY is just too original :/
    well to widen (i mean actually have a) the scope how bout an action RPG, no friggin turns or bars to recharge before attacking again, and lets make it with no random battles if u can :D

2. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

tingle and rosy rupee island i think im wrong with the name but its along those lines
    its a game about becoming rich
    and has a great boss fights

3. Qizm

Qizm Active Member

well, I'm afraid that TWEWY is quite unparallelled, but you should probably try out Knights in the Nightmare, which comes out in 2 days... it -has- been compared to TWEWY

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Knights in the Nightmare looks good, but I don't see any resemblance to TWEWY unless its in the gameplay, but that aside I haven't seen anything that plays like TWEWY yet myself but I say give it time and one will arise...maybe a sequel?

5. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Yeah, there is nothing similar to The World Ends With You. A testament to its originality, I s'pose.

6. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

As everyone said up there, TWEWY is the first in his genre, it might even be a breakout for future releases, and boy I wish they're going to release a sequel!!!!

7. Wintrale

A sequel could indeed be awesome, especially if we get multiple perspectives and whatnot... I'd love to play as one of the Reapers, for example, in a similar manner to how 358/2 Days lets us play as one of the Organisation XIII. If you catch my drift.

8. crazytuna

hmm I don't for others, but for me I wouldn't really want to play as a Reaper, I don't know why...

9. Qizm

Qizm Active Member

Yea, the only resemblance is that they are both very original.

And I'm not so sure about a TWEWY sequal... It would have to be tremendously good to survive the comparison with the original. I'd rather have a new groundbreaking game from Square Enix/Jupiter.

10. Wintrale

Well, they're definitely working on something - they haven't released anything since Spectrobes 2... I just hope it isn't Professor Kageyama's Maths Training 2... >_>

11. crazytuna

Spectrobes wasn't that of an awesome game wasn't it? I was kindof disappointed

12. Wintrale

I've not tried it. I've got Pokémon if I want to catch monsters and use them to battle. :D

13. crazytuna

Well that's why it wasn't a big hit, it's a SquareEnix style pokemon :p

14. Wintrale

Squeenix Exec 1 - We're the King of RPGs, correct?
    Squeenix Exec 2 - Yes sir, we are definitely that.
    Squeenix Exec 1 - But we're facing stiff competition...
    Squeenix Exec 2 - We are, sir?
    Squeenix Exec 1 - Yes.
    Squeenix Exec 2 - From who, sir?
    Squeenix Exec 1 - *dramatic pause*
    Squeenix Exec 2 - Sir?
    Squeenix Exec 1 - Pokémon.
    Squeenix Exec 2 - Oh right, sir. Pokémon.
    Squeenix Exec 1 - Yes, Pokémon. We must find a way to beat it.
    Squeenix Exec 2 - Why not make a Pokémon game, but call the Pokémon "Spectrobes"?
    Squeenix Exec 1 - That's a BRILLIANT idea!
    Squeenix Exec 2 - Yes sir!
    *months later, Spectrobes fails to even dent Pokémon's massive popularity*
    Squeenix Exec 1 - So... Spectrobes failed.
    Squeenix Exec 2 - We could always make a sequel, sir! Bigger and better, you know.
    Squeenix Exec 1 - Why not? Let's go for it!
    *months later, Spectrobes 2 fails miserably in denting Pokémon's popularity*
    Squeenix Exec 2 - Sir?
    Squeenix Exec 1 - You're fired.

15. crazytuna

HAHA nice story XD

16. Wintrale

So now you know. I'm still waiting for a sequel to that Pokémon Trading Card Game they had on the Gameboy... Remember that? I'd love a new, up-to-date, version. Especially since the card game is just as good, if not better, than Yu Gi Oh. But hey, we're more likely to get a Magic The Gathering TCG on the DS... :(

Oops... We're off topic... Slightly. :p

17. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

if you're trying to find out what games are similar to TWEWY, all you'll find is a big blank space.

completely original and revolutionary game.

18. Light_Of_Darkness

Light_Of_Darkness Well-Known Member

ok then how about an RPG with real-time combat like kingdom hearts? oh wait its coming out for DS in a few months :D

19. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

What would they call the sequel?
    The World Ends With Me?
    The World Ends With You... again?
    The World Ends With U-2?

20. crazytuna

Actually that one might be good
    The World Ends With You Too(2)