1. This forum is in read-only mode.

games similar to proffesor layton

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by lousje, May 15, 2009.

1. lousje

lousje New Member

I liked playing proffesor layton and the curious village. Are there any games similar to that or do you have tips of games that i will probably like to?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

hmm..puzzle game like professor layton?i think it is the only one though..how about ace attorney??

3. DTheRPGFan657289

DTheRPGFan657289 Well-Known Member

Layton is a one of a kind game. I played it thoroughly, and there's few puzzle based DS games I can suggest. If you were to try Puzzle Quest: COTW or Galactrix, however...it blends RPG style gameplay with a Bejeweled-esque puzzle system. Basically face an opponent, both have health and mana you collect during gameplay. Each player gets a turn to move one jewel, set up chains, and the idea is to inflict enough damage to deplete your opponent's health (whether through combat or the puzzle). But if you're a Layton fan, don't worry. They announced recently that the second Layton game is being localized, so it should be out here within the next 6 months to a year (since the first is such a cash cow and Nintendo needs whatever money it can make).

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

There is a sequel coming out called Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (if the title doesn't change again was Diabolical Box) in September in the US and a third one called Professor Layton and The Last Time Travel