1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Games freeze at certain points

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dynas, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynas

Dynas New Member

I use an emulator to play the games I get here, and my games freeze at certain points. I've only tried three, so I'm afraid others will freeze as well.

I'm not sure whether it's with the emulator itself, or the game, but is there any way to either prevent or get past it?

It's like, the images and/or sound will stop. It seems as if I paused it, but I haven't, and if I try to make it unpause, it just stays frozen.

I'd like to know if it's possibly due to the game, or if it's the emulator.

One game, I never even made it past the opening, the other, just after I saved, and the third, during a cutscene after completing a mission.

If it's the emulator, well. . . I use DeSmuME, and I think it's v. 0.9.4.

2. obishawn

obishawn Member

What are the games you've tried and have had problems with?

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

As obishawn said, what games are you trying to play? Also, the latest version of DeSmuME is 0.9.5, so update to that. http://desmume.org/download/

You should use NO$GBA 2.6a with NO$ZOOMER (links can be found in the Common Issues) instead to play DS games.

4. Dynas

Dynas New Member

Sorry for the late reply.

Well, the games that I've had freeze one me are Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness, Kingdom Hearts 385/2 (or some other number), Mario Party DS, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

I suppose I'll try using NO$GBA and see if it still freezes, to see if DeSmuME was the problem. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.