1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Games for Playstation Emulator go in slow motion?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xrigorxmortis, Jun 4, 2010.

1. xrigorxmortis

xrigorxmortis Member

I just downloaded the PS emulator and all of the games just run in slow motion which makes it impossible to play any of them. I have dial-up AOL if it matters and the computer I have is an Intel Pentium Dual CPU if that matters. If anyone has any suggestions at all that would be great. I'm kind of new to this stuff so anyone who could help explain it to me I would be greatly appreciative.

**sorry left out some info I am using the ePSXe 1.7.0 Emulator, and I have this info: E2160 @ 1.80GHz 1.79 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM I think that's what you needed if not let me know if you need more info i'm not sure where that would be and the games i've played or tried to so far are crash 1,2,3, Croc, and 3xtreme.
    If anything else is needed please tell me!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What emulator are you using? (There are multiple Playstation emulators).
    What are your computer specs? (Processor speed, RAM, Video Card, Operating System).
    Which games are you playing?

3. xrigorxmortis

xrigorxmortis Member

Oh i'm srry I should have been more specific lemme check ...
    I am using the ePSXe 1.7.0 Emulator, and I have this info: E2160 @ 1.80GHz 1.79 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM I think that's what you needed if not let me know if you need more info i'm not sure where that would be and the games i've played or tried to so far are crash 1,2,3, Croc, and 3xtreme. Thanks!

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Which graphic plugins did you use?
    If you have graphic card installed with OpenGL supported, I recommend using Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9.
    or just use any D3D plugins if there are no graphic card installed on your PC.

5. xrigorxmortis

xrigorxmortis Member

Just tried the 2.9 one and it said no WGL (or something) extensions and then I got a microsoft error report and it shut down, then I tried the only D3D thing they had there and all I did was get the microsoft error report and shut down. :'(
    Any sugg.?

6. meganova

Looks like your PC doesn't have a graphic card installed,
    Could you list down more info about your PC specs?

Start -> Run -> type 'dxdiag'

and then post your System information, especially the Display device.

7. xrigorxmortis

xrigorxmortis Member

Sure, here's what I have under system info: IDK if you'll need ALL of this
    Computer Name: DELL
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP home edition (5.1, build 2600)
    Language: English
    System Model: Inspiron 530s
    BIOS- Phoenix - Award BIOS v6. 00PG
    Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz (2CPUs)
    Memory: 1014 MB RAM
    Page File: 555MB used 1880MB Available
    Direct X Version: DirectX 9.0C (4.00.0000.0904)

There's other tabs too but I just listed the system information, tell me if you need more. Thanks for trying to help I REALLY appreciate it!

8. meganova

Go to 'Display' tab, and post your Display Device name.

9. xrigorxmortis

xrigorxmortis Member

There's nothing there, it just says N/A, but in the notes it says the system is using the generic video driver

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

1.8ghz is slow for emulation, and as its using the generic video driver that wont help either. You need to find out what your graphics chip is and install proper drivers for it.

11. xrigorxmortis

xrigorxmortis Member

Do you know how to figure out what a computer's graphic chip is? Sorry, I don't know anything about this

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Post what is written on that Display Tab.

13. xrigorxmortis

xrigorxmortis Member

For Device:
    Name:?
    Manufacturer: N/A
    Chip Type: N/A
    DAC Type: N/A
    Approx total memory: N/A
    Current Display Mode: 1024x768

For Drivers:
    Main Driver: VGA.dll
    Version: 5.01.2600.0000 (English)
    Date: 8/4/2004 06:00:00
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    Mini VDD: vga.sys
    VDD: N/A
    DDI Version: Unknown

For DirectX Features:
    Direct Draw Acceleration: Not Available
    Direct 3D Acceleration: Not Available
    AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available

14. meganova

Try using P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.18, and see if you can run on it or not.
    If yes, go to the plugin configuration, and tick the 'Frame Skipping' box.

If not, you need to figure out what Loony has posted.

15. xrigorxmortis

xrigorxmortis Member

I have found a driver on Dell's website called Intel G31/G33/Q33/Q35 Graphics Controller. Does anyone know if that will help me out?

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this is going to be a bit complicated so you're just going to have to do the best you can.

download dr. hardware 2009 from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=240
    install it and run the program.
    Once it opens, click 'hardware' on the left menu, then 'PCI bus' on the tab list.
    in the list, look for 'VGA video controller' in the 'device class' column.
    click it, and the lower part of the screen should tell you what it is. Post the infomation here if you need any more help. Alternatively, if you don't find 'vga video controller', post the entire list.

17. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

I believe the device is the Intel X3100, so those drivers on Dells site will work fine - do the diagnostics in the above post though first, well worth doing so.

Your CPU is fast enough to run software emulation of pretty much all PSX games, though with some luck you'll be able to run a basic D3D/GL mode too.