1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Games for nds on the lower screen only

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Kresn1k, May 9, 2010.

1. Kresn1k

Kresn1k Active Member

Hey romulation, i need help, while I was working on my nds, the ribbon to the upper display broke (didn´t know how really :_;)
    anyway, i manage to fix everything (almost) that was broken or damage on my nds (bought it secondhand and very damaged) so, the thing is:
    I need games that I can play almost full only on my lower screen (i.e. Castlevania, TLoZ PH & ST, Elite beat agents, pokemon mystery dungeon, Trauma center)
    I have a slot-1 TTDS, and this will be just as a temporary measure (until I am capable of afford the upper display or a slot-2 flashcart).
    I didn´t found a thread like this, but if i´m reposting, please let me know or erase it.
    Thank you for everything, and hope you know more games that I can play on the lower screen only.
    Salute!

2. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Spirit tracks uses the top screen for some bosses and things.

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Picross and Picross 3D solely use the bottom screen for every function. You pretty much never look at the upper screen.

5. David3012

David3012 Member

I recommend buying a new DS. Or at least a second hand DS not broken like that.
    There are games that you may enjoy only playing with the lower screen. But obviously you will get a lot more out of your DS if you have the top and bottom screens.

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

You could always use it for GBA games

7. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I think that Final Fantasy 3 doesn't use the top screen for anything except the map (that's how I remember it at least, i may be wrong). Possibly FF4 too...
    Also: http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27153357
    If you are the guy that asked that question on the GS forums (the fact that they describe their screen as cracked whilst you stated yours doesn't function because of a broken ribbon cable suggests not); then that link isn't much use :- \
    If you can't fix the DS and need to buy another, console yourself with the fact that they will probably drop in price as the release of the 3DS approaches.

8. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Also on side note you should probably check out www.dealextreme.com if you're looking to replace the top screen cheaply.
    The site takes a long time to get your product, but the price is very reasonable and sometimes just downright cheap as hell!
    Also you can find backup top screens on eBay for a surprisingly cheap price.

9. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

Harvest Moon Sunshine Island
    Perfect game for a broken top screen
    :)

10. Kresn1k

Kresn1k Active Member

well, thank you everyone, I´m cheking the games you told me, Zelda works fine (tnxs exiavalanche for the link), picross3d, Harvest moon and Ff3 are great too.
    And well, the deal is:
    Do I buy the upper screen/send it to fix it, or wait for the 3ds?
    because here in mexico, fixing the upper screen or buying a new one is not cheap, believe me, and well, in a while, maybe i´ll get the chance to bought a new console (psp, dsi xl or the 3ds) so, repair my actual Ds? or wait till the 3Ds hit the street?

11. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Well, the 3DS isn't going to hit North America probably until some point early next year (Japan is scheduled to get the system late Fall if I'm not mistaken), so if you can really wait that long, go for it. Personally though, I would just fix up the top screen.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I advise a new ds...

That said, ultimate mortal kombat takes place on the bottom screen by defualt, though some options are on top...

And resident evil ds takes the lower screen as well as ninja gaiden DS.