1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Games crash frequently. Never crashed before.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Xalfrea, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

All of a sudden sometimes when I play, some of my games start to crash after a while. Even the ones that never crashed befrore. Ie:

Megaman ZX says "The Game card has been removed" after a while
    Jam With the Band freezes
    Tetris Party Deluxe freezes
    Apollo Justice freezes
    Miles Edgeworth freezes

Now I know JWtB and TPD have AP, but it should have been rectified by AKAIO 1.7. Heck I even formatted the card and freezes still occur at random.

Could it be a problem with the Micro SD, the Ak2i, or the DS itself?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

could be the microsd dying.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Backup, Format, Reinstall (should be the first steps for any issue you are trying to solve).

It could also be your cart is not making good contact in your DS anymore. Either dirty contacts or the card is lose. Make sure the contacts on your cart are free of oil and dirty. You can also try putting a piece of paper in your DS alongside the cart, pushing the cart against the contacts.

4. Xalfrea

Did, did and did. Still didn't help. In fact it was only AFTER I did all of that that Tetris and Jam with the Band started to crash.

How should I go about cleaning the contacts of the AK2i card, and where should the paper go if I push the card in?

If the MsD card is really dying, exactly how anyway? Like virus ridden? I did an anti-virus scan and nothing came up.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Flash storage is not a permanent thing. They can and do just fail. Sectors become permanently corrupted and can't be used, etc. Nothing to do with viruses.

For the paper, put it on the opposite side of the contacts, to "bulk" up the cart and push the contacts against your DS contacts. To clean it, just wipe it with a cloth.

6. Xalfrea

Gotcha. So it's likely that I need to switch to a new mSD soon?

So the opposite side if the contacts is basically where the sticker showing what the card is?