1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Games constanly freezing!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sharonb83, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharonb83

sharonb83 Member

I really need some help here. I have Acekard 2.1 using Akaio 1.5.1. Most of the games that I have tried to play either freeze after a cut scene or gives me a black screen. Games played so far where this keeps happening are:

1- Harvest Moon DS
    2- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    3- Super Princess Peach
    4- Picross
    5- Shin Megami Tensei Devils Survivor
    6- Elite Beat Agents

Gardening Mama is the only game so far that seems to work but my save file doesn't load, so I cannot continue where I left off. I have spent hours trying to find solutions but none seem to work, from reformatting the card to downloading the games again but to no avail. Someone please help! Thank you so much. ^_^

2. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

You got a whack AK. Don't save, freezes. Where'd you get it? What Micro SD are ya using?

3. sharonb83

sharonb83 Member

I got the AceKard from Deal Extreme. The Micro SD is Transcend. Are there better hardware to use than the ones I currently have?

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Try backup games - saves, format your microsd, replace your kernal onto microsd and games - saves, Then try again...

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Look like that was the only latest kernal Akaio 1.5.1
    Post Merge: [time]1264933652[/time]
    mabe try an older kernal

5. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I have a SANDISK and never had problems.
    But they aren't cheap.

Look on Jhon 591 his link, there is a kind of menu kernel. I don't know what it is but you need to report this to your flashcard makers as a bug so nobody can have it too and that some bugs will be corrected.

6. sharonb83

sharonb83 Member

Thank you for the help. I have tried an older version just now and the same thing is happening. I have also done some research and it seems since I have bought the Acekard 2 recently, it seems to be no good. Many people are having problems with these cards, especially when it comes to saving games and freezing when trying to do so. Many people with problems have bought theirs recently as well, I think. Maybe I should buy a different brand or something.

7. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

from acekard's news page http://www.acekard.com/news.php

8. Jonez001

Are you playing on a DS lite or DSi?

Post Merge: [time]1264936249[/time]
    Yeah that can be his problem, a fake copy....

9. sharonb83

sharonb83 Member

Oh, I thought I had mentioned that before sorry. I am playing on the DS.

10. Jonez001

I heard also that your flashcard is working with loaders, can that be the problem too? Oh did you check that menu thing I said you?
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
    it is v4.21, meaby that can help...
    Post Merge: [time]1264936609[/time]
    oh, can you give the ROM numbers also please?

11. sharonb83

sharonb83 Member

I have just noticed the Acekard versions sitting there. I was so busy looking at Akaio, lol. I shall try that right now. Thanks for the upload distinguishing the real and fake Acekards. Mines don't look like any of the fake ones though. Oh, what Rom numbers? I am still new to all this. 8)

12. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

A fake/clone cart will not be able to run AKAIO v1.5 or 1.5.1

13. Jonez001

the number of the rom, when you download eg Elctroplankton (J) it's rom number is 0001.

This is needed to look up in the version history which games or fixed.

But I think you have a fake flashcard...

14. sharonb83

sharonb83 Member

Oh I see... rom numbers 0127, 1280, 2252, 0168, 3902, 655, 561, 4214, 3537, and 3605. Those are the games that I have tried but kept freezing. I have more but I am not gonna try them, lol. Are Acekard and Akaio firmware the same thing? Is there a difference between the two?

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

freezing is generally caused by your microsd card being too slow. Sandisk and kingston are considered the best.

16. Aksen

Aksen New Member

A lot of people are getting this problem, including myself. I'm using firmware "ak2_407_a15_20080626_release.zip" and it works fine, but doesn't work with some newer games.

Here's a 10 page thread on gbatemp... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=201192

17. sharonb83

sharonb83 Member

Oh, so I guess I have to buy another card then. Any particular number of gigs I need? The card I have is 8gb. Maybe it's too much?
    Post Merge: [time]1264983352[/time]
    Also, what about the other cards such as R4DS and and the iTouch DS (I am finding these on realhotstuff.com)? Are those any good as well?

18. Jonez001

I like Ez - Flash Vi! It is for me the best one.

But when you are going to buy a R4 i advise you to buy a R4i (a newer flashcard of the same creators!)
    iTouch has (now the only one) a SLOT - 1 GBA emu!

But when you intend to buy another flashcard to fix the freezing it is a waste of money and time. I think a new SD card of Sandisk or Kingstone is better.

I have a 16GB microSD from Sandisk. Never freezing, and when it freezes the Ez - Flash team can fix it or it is just engough to delete the ROMDAT file of it (repatching the game)

19. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Some new Acekards 2.1 are incompatible with recent loaders:

http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=4963&extra=page%3D1

I don't know if there's a fix.

Hate to be the bringer on bad news :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.