1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamer uses Pokemon to quit smoking

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by anandjones, Apr 18, 2008.

1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/gamer-uses-pokemon-to-quit-smoking-105985.html

Muahaha, I gotta tell my older brother about this.

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol pokemon could never make me quit smoking, I drink too much for that to work. Perhaps a combination of pokemon and digimon lol, one for the smoking and one for the drinking.

3. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Wow, I gotta tell my uncle about this :)

4. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ Member

That's interesting. Funny thing is tho that smoking is much more socially acceptable than playing pokémon.

5. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Smoking is considered cool because famous people and musicians do it. "Nerds and asians" play pokemon, according to steryotypes and the retards who use them.

6. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ Member

Nerds and asians heh. I wouldn't say that the reason you've mentioned is exactly the right case, as I'd say it's more along the way of biological addiction to tobacco which you get after getting pulled in by the crowd around you. Also it might have a connection with the environment you grow up in, as in if your parents are smokers then there are high chances you'll be one also. Most of all tho it's just a really simple thing to do and for some, I guess, it beats simply staying around chatting without having a smoke. On the contrary it costs money which goes to the greedy companies and country via taxes and isn't really healthy.
    As for me I'm definitely happier having a slight NDS addiction than I'd be smoking. But it doesn't change a thing on the fact that the smoking situation, for instance, in our school is terrible and is widely accepted. I mean not only isn't it nice but it's breaking the law just in front of the school but nobody cares obviously.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Smoking isn't an issue for me because it gives me breathing problems. So, its an issue for me when other people smoke, but me smoking isn't an issue because I never have and never will.

8. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

but what will happen when he needs to stop playing pokemon?

answer: he'll start smoking again. :p

i hope this isn't true, though.

and smoking isn't an issue for me either. i am allergic to it, so i will never smoke. however, when i'm near people who smoke a lot, i can barely breath.

9. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ Member

Yeah it's annoying, I hate it in restaurants and pubs.

10. joshthesim

joshthesim Active Member

It's funny how smoking is socially unacceptable, but being obese isn't?

Why can't we have a go at fat people sitting down for a meal at a restaurant -
    Stop eating, you're killing yourself.

Jihad on fat people who look down on smokers!

11. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ Member

Sarcasm?

12. joshthesim

joshthesim Active Member

Haha, if you manage to click the link.

Make sure you read the comments.

Some pretty wicked funny calls in there.

Oh so many comments.