1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamefaqs.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChevyNovaSS, Feb 11, 2010.

1. ChevyNovaSS

ChevyNovaSS Well-Known Member

Ive finally left that site, after being around here for a few days i find this site is much better community wise.

2. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I never been on gamfaqs, but I heard there are alot of A holes

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'm on a few other sites and I prefer this one over ALL of the others.

This is my top site to spend time on and I have never liked another site as much as this one. :)

I never have heard of gamefaqs, but I won't go there.

4. LoneWolfe007

LoneWolfe007 Member

I only go to gamefaqs for tips or something on games, but it isnt ll bad, there are a very large amount of rude people but then you get those few that actually wanna help by giving you a good answer.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I was once a regular there and made a few friends, very rare I met an arse hole.

Oh...I should say game spot, the ranking thing was awsome :p

6. JazzyBunny

JazzyBunny Well-Known Member

I had the same problem awhile back, but ever since joining RomU I've never come across a rude person yet and I believe I've been on RomU for all most a year now? In any case welcome and enjoy your time here :D
    Post Merge: [time]1265930551[/time]
    LOL just realized that it I'm long from a year on RomU (I got here in Sept of 09)

7. Reider

Reider Modereider

It's gonna be 3 years for me this Saturday...

On-topic: The only places the trolls generally hang out there is on the big name game sections. Final Fantasy boards especially.

You'll find a few here-and-there all over the place but they're never nearly as bad for more "niche" games.

8. ybom

ybom Well-Known Member

I never really liked the philosophy of deleting posts after some time which is never why I spent a lot of time on gamefaqs boards.

9. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

Depends mostly on the forums you visit, Most forum's i've been active were pretty fun and nice, Though to be honest I just use them to ask for help or tips?

10. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

I find gamespot's ranking thingy a little bias, I can't tell if the site is fully reliable but I still check gamespot for gaming news ^__^

I visit gamefaqs whenever I'm stuck on a certain game =P especially LoZ, their game guides and walkthroughs are quite helpful for me.

11. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

No one here has been to the Super Robot board on Gamefaqs obviously. XD

12. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Romulation's community is "Okay". Definitely not the best community, but definitely the best source for DS games. Sorry have to be truthful, sadly there is always something better out there.

As for Gamefaqs, it's got it's positives and negatives....but its community isn't something that should be bragged about.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Oh...I meant how the post rank count goes-I was rank...what 22 last time I checked XD

Plus those emblems are nice XD

You need to get with us spammers when a mini flame war isn't going on :p

People like me (in a good mood), miss_g, koyu~chan, groh etc are good company.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I remember anandjones mentioning once that GameFAQs' auto thread locking feature is so tight making replying to older & more informative threads unbearable.

Good thing here on RomUlation threads that are relevant like the technical side of things when it comes to emulation never gets locked.

15. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

oh i see, sorry about that =P. i haven't tried gamefaqs' community but i have tried capcom's and it's pretty nice.

16. kira423

kira423 Member

ace101 never heard of gamefaqs???? how this is a first

17. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Meh. I got banned there (actually in Gamespot). How the hell am I supposed to know people under 13 cannot post?
    Who cares, RomU is better. One I find game reviews and walkthroughs here, I'll leave GameFaqs forever.

18. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

There are A Holes here too!?!
    lol

Im with gamefaq :)

19. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i still goto gamefaqs, the RPG gamers there is really helpfull, although some board are fill with troll, crybaby and fanboys.

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Read the TOS, it's your own fault.