1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamecube Modding Tutorials?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aldar, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

After seeing the masses of Gamecube roms being offered on RU now i am wanting to look into Modding my GC to play burnt mini DVD-R games.
    Any tutorials on how to accomplish this or whatever information you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. ;D

I Know i could just mindlessly search Google for them but honestly with the amount of knowledge on this forum i prefer to ask here first so i can get quality help, not tons of worthless and misleading information.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I know where to obtain some...it's easy process.

You need a mod chip for the game cube, the pot laser modified along with it.

Burning the disc is easy-just burnt what ever file type (iso or gcm) and off ya go (on lowest setting-img burn a must).

Do you plan on chipping it yourself?

3. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

I have never tried doing anything like that, and i am pretty sure i don't have the equipment.
    Is there any kind of Plug-and-Play device to mod it?
    I Believe there were some for the PS1 or PS2 back in the day when i was kinda interested with this stuff.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There might be a "mcboot" for gamecube, I have heard of something but I have no clue where to go, and apparently it's hard to find it.

Best option (but may cost more) is to locate a "mod shop"-they do unofficial console repairs and do console modding.

Ask if they do gamecube...make sure they test it infront of you, and be sure that the POT laser is adjusted.

If you still want to try mc boot (which isn't totally compatible with all gc games) pm me and I will search for it...I can't advertise it here thus why pm is nessacary.

But I prefer a chipped gc-fully compatible once done right :)

5. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

I Think i will check out Youtube for videos on adding the chip myself and what it will take.
    I Don't think there are any shops like that locally.
    I Will let you know if i decide to try the mc boot option (once i look it up, and know what it is lol)
    Thanks for all the help so far.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Check your pms-I shall send a few links...

Be aware that soldering a chip is the least of your worries :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.