1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamecube iso's+real gamecube=?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sorry for not combining the last 2 topics, but since they are unrelated I thought this might have been the right option...

Okay, if I burnt a gamecube iso onto a mini cd/dvd would they work in a stock gamecube?

And would it be safe for the memory cards to work off that or should I seperate the real saves from the fake?

I don't know of anyplaces near by to mod the system (not that I have the cash for that...)

Just asking-this is turning out to be a great way to save money instead of buying rare games at amazingly high prices (legend of zelda collector's edition-$120 WITHOUT MANUAL WTF!)

Any info on this would be appreciated...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

with great difficulty. I believe gamecubes can be modded, but I'm not sure what media type they use and as far as I know they're different to a normal CD/DVD drive in that they read the disc in the other direction.

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

first of all don't bump your own thread wait for a reply, people do have lives and will answer you in their own time.

secondly (i don't know as i don't have one) but much like every console i've ever modded common sense would say no it will not run on stock

thirdly why would you have any problems with the memory card it can't tell if its fake or not, once the game is running the console thinks its a real game.

look seeing as your too lazy to go to google and type something in i'll help you out.

just looks like you need a freeloader disc or action reply (with freeloader). easy peasy

and you will be able to order one of them anywhere go google it!!

here is one in the uk http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/FREELOADER-PAL-p-1211.html

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...your saying I can use my freeloader for burnt games?

I apoligise for the bump-too used to the way I posted on other fourms (like gamespot-once your topic goes down 5 times it's only gonna get down farther and no one would reply).

As for the memory card just because I heard that using jap saves with english ones might cause problems, and because I never used burnt games before I was just being cautious...

I didn't google this because I've been trawling through it soo many times, I get no results, only becuase I don't know what terms to use (tried to look for a site with firmware for the GBAMP by asking "where can I find firmware for game boy movie player device" I didn't get many results that were direct enough to bother). It be rare for me to ask OTHER than question format but that's the way I do things and it's got me where I am so far.

Finally, I got a freeloader as I just stated, and I do NOT live in the UK-I'll see if it might work with just a freeloader first-I know of a places that does up to date consoles but not past ones like cube or psx for that matter...and would like to avoid console mods...

I was going to ask where I can get mini dvd's but I think I might try somewhere else-I don't buy anything online and there is no point asking here.

5. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

your question was too big when google0ing for this kind of thing all you need to do is type something like

how to play gamecube backup

gamecube mod

or variations of those, if you keep it short and simple most of the time it comes up with forums where someone has already asked the same question.

6. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

I have a SD media Launcher. http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/GCN/Wii-SD-Media-Launcher___EF000589.aspx

It's a card that fits into your memory card slot that has a slot inside of it for a SD Card. It also comes with a Boot CD that you pop in the Cube. It boots from the CD and then takes you to you SD memory card directory were you will have to boot up a program that you have put on there. called GCoS 1.5 (PSO).dol This little program will allow you to now boot up you backed up game iso.

Google for your isos and when you find them burn them with ImgBurn at lowest speed 2x. Here is a link for a tutorial on burning GC isos http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/468895

You need to use DVD-R to burn isos. It is the only media that works!

Don't worry about the save files they are no different then regular save files. Well they are regular save files. The only thing you are changing is your ability to boot of a different media disk than the store bought disk.

Yes you will have to buy the SD media launcher on line. They do not sell this kind of stuff in stores. Trust me it is well worth it. Oh, and by the way I have successfully burned "legend of Zelda collector's edition" from an iso I found on the web.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that you can also use full size DVDs if you take your top of the game cube. Or you can modify your top like I did.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...well if I ever get a credit card I might give this a shot, I just read about the freeloader not being able to do this XD

ONE question though-how much off the top to take? What just the lid or is a saw required?
    (I think you can buy mini dvd's since I've seen sony vid cams use them, but where and how much is the real question, but I'l work that out when the time comes)

8. Jiminy Crickets

This is the same thing that I did to mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BORx66-1Hg&feature=related or you can just unscrew the for screws on the bottom and take the top off and play games that way but you have to tape down the lid sensor button.

They do sell the little DVDs at like Walmart, Staples, or something along those lines but they are a little more expensive than the regular size DVDs.

Oh and you don't really need a credit card, you can just get a prepaid card at like Walmart, Meijers, Kmart, 7Eleven or something like that. You just buy the card for a one time fee of like $10.00 and then put money on it when ever you like at the store you bought it from. You can now use that baby like a credit card or ATM any were. They have VISA, MasterCard ones and others as well I'm sure.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...Sadly I live in Autralia and those stores that are here don't have those prepaid credit cards-they have gift card that work online but only on thier sites :(

But the mini dvd's can be located-but no point buying until I get the set up working now I ain't even sure if my laptop can burn dvd's in the first place XD

Dvd rom, cd re-writtable and blue ray disc (no burn funtion I guess).

When my download limit lightens up I'll view the vid-it's tight at the moment at 5kb a second :(

10. Jiminy Crickets

Why do you have a download limit? Just curious.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...optus, blame my mother!

Unlimited cost WAY too much for us atm anyways, when I was working prehaps I could have shared the bill, but now $99 for 20gb isn't enough, especially when you kill it in one day...even though when I measured it it was close to 3gb used so something is up and since my mother is still pissed at the fact she has to wait for a simple page I can't get her to activly do something about it!

It's like a mobile I guess-safer and cheaper with prepaid (limit) than contract (pay for what you use...)

Mum kept touting (when we got our 1 gb limit, errrg) that is was unlimited, so it seems to me she has no idea what to do with any of it despite the fact I have more computer experience than her ability to take apart a computer and then put it back together...and fail in between...

12. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Optus would be a blessing at the moment ;)
    We have telstra >.<

Anyway I wouldn't bother with the vid if you can't watch it, unscrewing the top and leaving the lid open works perfectly

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...But leaves it open for dust attacks, but I'm sure I can work that out...

now that you mention it, does optus count uploads as downloads, my 20gb went IN A DAY and I'm sure I didn't use it on 3 ds games, gran turismo 2 complete and a 300mb worth of music!

(the uploads were going nuts though!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.