1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Gamecube] How to play "Odama" on a Wii

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by s_quizno, May 5, 2010.

1. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

Hi!

I just recently bought the Gamecube game "Odama" ($5 clearance), thinking that I could play it on my Wii. It's a complete set (game + microphone). The game actually loads, so I think it works. The microphone works as well. Problem is that none of my "Gamecube" controllers are responding - they worked well for my friend's Gamecube though. Also, my "Gamecube" memory card isn't working either - the screen I'm stuck on is black with a message like "No memory card detected in slot A" then a prompt to press the A button, which does nothing.

Here's what I have:
    - Nintendo Wii (duh)
    - Mad Cat Gamecube Controller
    - Intec Gamecube Controller
    - Intec 256 blocks(?) Gamecube memory card for Wii
    - Odama game disc + Gamecube microphone that came with it

Odama's the only Gamecube game I have, so I have no way of verifying if my equipment works on other games. I was wondering if an actual Gamecube controller and memory card would work, but I believe that buying those would cost me much more than the actual game I'm trying to play. Also, the cost of the gas I would use to return the game would rival that of the game itself, so it would be great if anyone can help me out with this.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The slot A memory card is the one to the right if your Wii is standing up.

3. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got that part right. The microphone had to be plugged into slot B, so there's no mistake.