1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamecube help?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sneggz, May 23, 2010.

1. Sneggz

Sneggz Well-Known Member

So i have a gamecube system, and i was going to download a spyro game but do you have to burn it to a disc and play it or do you have to get your gamecube modified like the wii? if so, where do you get those little discs or can you play the gamecube game onto your computer or something

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can play the ISO on your computer, but it has to be POWERFUL!!!

You can play it on your GC as long as it's chipped.
    And you can play it on your Wii if it's softmodded.

You can buy the little DVD-Rs at RadioShack.

3. CarnageMayhem

CarnageMayhem Member

I dont quite get that "modified like the wii" part, but:
    1- You need to get a modchip so it can read backup games.
    2- That said, yeah, you need to burn the games to an actual disc.
    3- You can either use minidvds or use normal dvd discs. Whether you buy minidvds is up to you, I got mine on Office Depot.
    4- If you use normal dvds (which are a lot cheaper and, in my case, with better results) you need to remove the top cover of your gamecube, and tape a switch so the gcn thinks the cover is closed. Or you can get a special (and pricey) cover for this purpose.
    5- Yes, you can play gamecube games (and also wii games) on the pc, using the dolphin emulator. Be advise that you need quite a piece of hardware to actually make games playable. This emu can also make use of wiimotes, but you need a bluetooth dongle, with blue soleil capabilities, to make it work on pc.

If you want to use gamecube controllers, you would need some components and knowledge on electronics.

I hope this answers most of your questions.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Wii modding. It's a whole field like the PSP. :p

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411