1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamecube Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Yeng24, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeng24

Yeng24 Member

I have a wii system and i just read that a gamecube will work om a wii. After I download a gamecube rom what do I need to do next. I know i probably need to burn it to a cd but need some steps on how and what to use. Thanks so Much

2. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

It's no trouble at all.
    Download your gamecube ISO, get ImgBurn (It's free, so Google it and you should find their site) and just burn the image with it.
    When you insert it on your Wii it will automatically detect it as a gamecube game. This is if you have hard-modded your Wii. If you have only soft-modded it, you would need to get a special loader, but I have no idea about that since I'm not much into Wii-brew.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you must use DVDs, not CDs.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just to add, the wii may need to be moddified.

Plus you have an advantage-you can burn a game to ethier a full sized dvd or burn SEVERAL games onto a disc, apparenntly.

There is meant to be a sotware that can compress several games onto one disc and you can switch which one to play while in the wii.

Or you can load them as iso's thru another wii app, apparently via an external hard drive connected to the wii.

This is just thru a quick browse which is why I lack links or proof :(

5. chillie54

chillie54 New Member

does it work if you have a wii thats not modded?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I doubt it.

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

No it will not.

8. Huliou

Huliou Member

y not just find a plug in to the wii and add it as a personal channel?

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

That plugin is called the Homebrew Channel. But to use the Homebrew Channel you have to have a modded Wii.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.