1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamecube Emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Avarikqa, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Avarikqa

Avarikqa Active Member

Would someone be so kind as to post a link to a Gamecube emulator that i can use? :/ Thank you in advance :)

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/download.html

3. zubasa

zubasa Guest

You need at least a 2.6 dual core to get some speed. Good luck.

4. Avarikqa

Avarikqa Active Member

Thank you :)

What do you mean by that? :0

5. zubasa

zubasa Guest

2.6 GHz is a processor's clock speed. Basic computer knowledge. But go ahead and try it anyway. To see what you have, type in dxdiag into the run box and it should say.

6. Avarikqa

Avarikqa Active Member

Oh, sorry, i'm not really well-versed in the field of computer knowledge. :/ How do i get a run box to pop up?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

easier way is to right click on 'my computer' and select 'properties'. The page that comes up will tell you your processor speed and how much ram you have.

8. Avarikqa

Avarikqa Active Member

Oh, ok then, i tried that and i found out that my processor speed is 2.20 GHz. My ram is 4.00 GB. So how now? :/

9. Loonylion

2.2Ghz is quite slow, you might find the games don't run smoothly and/or theres a lot of skipped frames

10. Avarikqa

Avarikqa Active Member

Oh, so how do i play my games then? :( Any other alternative solution?

11. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

Have you used the emulator yet to see how it performs for you?

12. Loonylion

No, there isn't an alternative solution. you need to try it, and if the game doesn't run acceptably then you need a better computer.

13. Avarikqa

Avarikqa Active Member

Oh, ok then. Thank you for your feedback then :)

14. I-Fatman

I-Fatman Well-Known Member

Unless he has a Wii or Gamecube.

If so, you could buy these mini DVD's and change the file name of the game. Exampel, "Luigismansion.gcm" if it says "Luigismansion.iso that is.
    I'm not into hacking Gamecubes though so if you have that as an option search the internet for a hacking guide.

If you have a Wii you could come to me with any questions you need answered.