1. This forum is in read-only mode.

gamecube emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kayshow, Jul 26, 2010.

1. kayshow

kayshow Member

hey i need help configuring my dolphin emulator to run well. i'm using the dolphin SVN R 4771, and my system has an nvidia graphics card with 4gig RAM space, 2gig video memory and 2.3ghz duo core processors but my games still pretty much drag.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you do need a better machine or not...but you may. I know that you need a POWERFUL machine to even begin to emulate GC games.

3. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

please elaborate. Besides RAM, that's the ONLY thing that's important.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Also, mention what games. The emulator isn't perfect and some games are sluggish even on good systems.

5. personuser

Yeah, one that has a lotta speed problems even on the fastest machine for example is crash bandicoot 4: wrath of cortex.

6. kayshow

kayshow Member

Tales of symphonia

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

and what are the problems?

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The game experiences slowdown during battle on even the best computers.

I think if you use the 3XXX releases you can minimize the slowdown, but it is still not perfect.

9. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

If you haven't already, try using the "Dolphin Direct3D9" graphics plugin that comes with the emulator. That'll really speed up any game you're playing. Make sure to enable EFB copy to TEXTURE in the advanced settings menu of the plugin. If that doesn't work I'll make a copy of my emulator settings and post it here.

10. kayshow

kayshow Member

k, i'll try all that. Thanks.

11. personuser

If it's still really slow, try and find out which graphics chip you have. There is a wide range of quality in nfvia models. I have one and I can only just run NullDC at 100%, on Chankast video mode.

12. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Is a NVidia GForce GT 230 good?

13. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

Here's my build for Dolphin:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=68S67XTZ