1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamecube emulation

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by thricee, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

So yeah i was wondering how to configure my dolphin emulator....i just finished downloading pokemon XD gale of darkness that costed me 1 GP xd oh well cant get it to work o_O
    hmm...any help would be apreciated thx :D

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Pokemon XD is not listed as compatible on the Dolphin Emu website.
    http://www.dolphin-emu.com/list.php?listcount=14

You could check out their forums and see of anyone has any info there.

3. thricee

oh cool haha didnt know that sorry for bothering xD hmmm any suggestions on which game i should get that is playable?i guess i am gonna order a modded gamecube on monday when i get some money on my paypal XD btw i downloaded the latest dolphin from that site is it already configured or i need to do some configuration my self?cause i tried running another game and it loaded just fine though it had some issues...too slow :p maybe my pc sucks?X_X oh well :p back to NDS?o.o

4. TirithRR

I think it comes with the plugins already, and a basic configuration. You may have to adjust things for your liking. Change the OpenGL plugin if your video card doesn't support it (if you want any success though, you'll want a video card that supports OpenGL).

Options -> Configure is where you'll want to start.
    From there you can go to Plugins and adjust the Graphics plugin settings and your JoyPad configuration.

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try using the previous version, e.g 4525.
    Maybe you can list down your PC specs?
    and what kind of error is it?

6. thricee

IntelCore2 quad cpu Q6600 @ 2.40 GHZ 2.0 GB RAM NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 GT thats my pc i guess :p
    well i run the game (pokemon xd gale of darkness) and its just a blank screen wont do anything o_O
    i guess its not supported yet?:p

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

As trithRR said, not compatible yet.

And your specs...may not give it justice, I'd advise something stronger.

But keep the game, one day you might find se for it, ether a wii or gamecube that are modded would be nice :)

8. thricee

yeah well its an old pc compared to the current standards heh :p i guess i am gonna buy a new one if i am gonna have any luck with emulation xD
    its jus that i am an old school rpg fan and wanted to check some cool ones for GC :p
    i guess with the current pc i can stick to snes ones x.x :p gah i still got 60 GP to spend and dunno what i should download xD

9. TirithRR

The specs should be OK for gamecube emulation. It's a decent video card and a good processor. Ram is a little low, especially if you are running Vista or Windows 7.

The problem with Pokemon XD is likely incompatibility with the emulator.

10. thricee

haha thx for replying to my post guys aprreciate it :D its just that i got bored of WoW (aka world of warcraft) and now i am back to single player rpgs :p though mass effect 2 is good i prefer console ones xD any suggestions?:p

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The specs aren't much higher than mine, and it's dead slow when running, only the 2-D games run fine on my specs.

Aliens vs predator?

I might try the old pc one today...

12. TirithRR

https://www.romulation.org/GameCube/Fire_Emblem_Path_Of_Radiance_%28U%29%28SPIQO%29.rar.html/

Fire Emblem runs OK on Dolphin.

13. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Some older version of Dolphin support it.
    try what I've suggested.

EDIT

http://forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-158-page-1.html?highlight=pokemon+xd.

14. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

thricee i have one quistion.
    HOW DOES ANYONE GET BORED WITH WORLD OF WARCRAFT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?1

15. thricee

lmao haha well i did all end-game content on like 3 chars xD so i am just waitin for the next expansion to come out until then i quit :p i just play some times on a private server that is arena based got some few donate chars there xD oh well WoW sucks i am back to lineage xaxa :p
    but then again i got bored of lineage as well so my only option is to start playing rpgs again XD

16. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

dude play Grand FAntasia the site for it is www.aeriagames.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.