1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gamecube...bad burn? (Simpsons hit and run)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The game isn't from here...

Ok now I got that out of the way-I tried burning a game that I got (it's a trusted sorce for me) and...it seems to be failing-but from what I have no clue.

Here are the facts.

1.Mini dvd- was used (sony)

2.Img burn was used.

3.Speed-1x

4.The game freezes on advertisment screen.

5.Normally with bad burns the system would make strange system noises (like a big "clunk" noise) but this time it was...silent.

6.Other games still work-another game from the site that I got recently did infact work-and unlike the game just before the game was reported to be tested-the one before had a warning about the fact that it wasn't-yet thanks to luck it did work.

7.The game is below 1.35GB-however other games from there are below that size (example one that was here is 1.35GB to download-i got it from there at 500MB and still worked)

So...judging from that-what would this be?
    Post Merge: [time]1255199626[/time]
    2 disc down...my guess is this was tested on a modded wii...not on a gamecube :(

EDIT: It seems this particular one has an issue-it won't go past the title screen-if anyone got the one from romU and gotten past the licence screen let me know so I can re-download it.

People at the site are arguing that it's ethier the image or the game it's self.

People who respond MUST own a gamecube-that will help-if a copy from here on your gc without issues then i'll download here ;D

2. fredknex

fredknex New Member

late but fstfix ing it to 3gb fixed it for me. used

http://www.snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=42307

3. eyeball226

eyeball226 Well-Known Member

Well, you probably know this already, but... Gamecube games are a real bastard to burn. Did you set Imgburn to verify? Also, what burner are you using? All I can say is bad burns are certainly not uncommon so I'd just try again if I were you.
    Most of my burns were bad until I switched to a Pioneer DVR-109 that someone gave me. Turned out to be awesome and I've had hardly any failures since then. Also, I use Traxdata mini-DVDs. They use the sought after Ritek-G04 dye.

EDIT: This could be one of those games that gets screwed up by being shrunk. I'd use fstfix to fix it but don't fix it to 3gb, it's not going to fit on the disc then. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.