1. This forum is in read-only mode.

GameBoy - Tamagotchi 3 (J) Cartridge Type FD is unsupported

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iHavezMyBirdo, May 26, 2010.

1. iHavezMyBirdo

iHavezMyBirdo New Member

Hello everyone. I'm pretty much new to the forums; I hope I'm not any annoyance..

Tamagotchi 3 for the GameBoy fails to load on the two emulators I use..
    Well, when I first tried playing this I used the Gameboy emulator BGB (version 1.12), this comes up:
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure what FD means really. The game uses a real time clock and a speaker so you know when your Tamagotchi needs something even when the Gameboy is off:
    [​IMG]

Then I attempt with VisualBoyAdvance 1.8 Beta 3.
    [​IMG]

I haven't tried any other emulators besides the two, but I should do that now and see if any of them work...

2. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

the extra features of the cart need to be emulated (much like how the motion sensor needed to be emulated for 'WarioWare: Twisted!'), and no one has stepped up to do so (probably because Tamagotchi is not such a popular series.

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Sorry, you'll have to go with the crummy U version that had none of those cool features.

4. iHavezMyBirdo

iHavezMyBirdo New Member

Eh.. :/ GEST isn't the best emulator, but it seems that it's the only one that works with it..
    [​IMG]

What annoys me most is that the emulator pauses when it loses focus. +_+

5. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Try messing around with settings. I know most emulators have a setting to turn on/off pausing when the screen isn't active.