1. This forum is in read-only mode.

game wont open

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hollowman, Jan 13, 2013.

1. hollowman

hollowman Member

i recently got zelda the wind waker for my mac book and it wont open with the dolphin emulator i have tried many things and just cant seem to get it open when i try to open it, it says dolphin doesn't recognize it any help would be great

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

What format is the file?

3. hollowman

hollowman Member

it was .7z

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

No wonder, unpack it (decompress/extract) it first. Don't have a clue what is the name of such program for MAC.
    On Windows, you could use 7Zip or WINRAR to do the decompression/extraction.

Dolphine run files ending with : .elf, .dol, .gcm, .iso and .wad.

5. hollowman

hollowman Member

if i do unpack/unzip or what ever it just makes a copy

6. Prectorian

Once you unpack it, it should present you with a folder containing one of those extension I stated.
    I don't have a MAC computer, Xenirina does.

7. hollowman

hollowman Member

like i said it doesnt make a folder just a copy

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It makes a copy of an ISO file.
    The program you are using sees ISO files as an archive, so you see it as one as well.

Once you are finished extracting, open it with Dolphin (the newly extracted file).

9. hollowman

hollowman Member

it still says it doesn recognize it

10. Prectorian

That's strange...have you made sure enabling reading of .iso extension in your extraction program?
    And do re-check, did it end in .iso or still in .7z? It should have resulted to .iso or one of those extension I stated.

11. hollowman

hollowman Member

the file just ends in .7z.cpgz when i try to extract it

12. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Can you try it on a PC?
    And are you certain it is just making a copy? Have you tried extracting the 'copy'?

Change that to .iso

13. hollowman

hollowman Member

ok i changed it and it now says it is an invalid GCM/iso file

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Weird... Very weird...
    Where did you download the ISO? Better to PM me this.

And are you able to try it on a PC?

15. hollowman

hollowman Member

i downloaded it here * and i only have a mac

16. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Uh... I did say PM me right?

Alrighty weird.
    Have you tried another emulator? Not Dolphin? And it is quite possible you have a corrupt file. You could try downloading it from here.

17. hollowman

hollowman Member

i dont know alot about the endings on files like the whole .rar .ios .zip .7z what does pm mean

18. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

PM = Personal Message

19. hollowman

hollowman Member

ok now i feel like a retard in new to this sight
    Post Merge: [time]1358072719[/time]
    i cant download it from here i dont have enough points

20. Prectorian

Don't be, it's normal. We have our first time experiences at some point in our life.

To read or send PM, press the MY MESSAGES button on the top left part of your browser screen, right below the header ROMULATION COMMUNITY. You can send PM to specific members, by pressing the icon below the respective member's avatar, or typing their username in the "To:" space provided. There will be a pop up dialog box to inform you if someone send you a PM.

By the way, it's not allow to openly post link to other rom sites. You may only provide links from file share sites such as Media Fire, MultiUpload, etc.

However just a quick recap;
    1. Did your downloaded file size show 1.04GB? If it's less then probably you'd partial downloaded it. Make sure it's that size.
    2. Above the rom link, there's a recommended utility extraction program link for MAC: http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html
    Maybe try it. Make sure in the settings, to allow it to show .iso extension.
    3. Re-check with your MAC's guide/help or from internet, on how to make MAC read .iso files.
    4. Make sure to use Dolphin for MAC, cause there's also Dolphin for WIN.