1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game will not Play after extracting to .nds

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by paully, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paully

paully Member

After I extract to the .nds file, insert the R4 card into the DS, all that appears is a white screen with the word menu and a ? in red, on the top screen....Help!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your flashcard can't find the Firmware files.
    Either you deleted them by accident, or it cannot find the MicroSD.

Check to make sure your firmware files are still on your microSD, and reinsert the MicroSD into the card.

3. paully

paully Member

using the t-flash, usb to verify..they are still there.?

4. TirithRR

I don't know. Are they?

And make sure all of the files are there, I believe there are two folders and two files for the R4. Download them and put them on your card again. If that doesn't work, the problem is your flashcard can't find the MicroSD, maybe not making good contact inside the card, make sure it's clean and fully inserted.

5. paully

paully Member

i am clueless..excuss my ignorance, but i simply have no clue..The files are loaded as far as i can tell on the micro sd. I have them pushed as far as they can go..I must be missing something. I have looked all over this great forum for the answer, but i'm lost..
    let's back track....I have the R4I sdhc upgrade version. Will this still work for my DS? What am i missing??
    Thanks for your help, im learning...trying to get this working for my 7 year old.

Post Merge: [time]1254372121[/time]

Post Merge: [time]1254372179[/time]
    btw..this is a brand new card..
    Post Merge: [time]1254375165[/time]
    so i figured out why the problems..reinstalled the firmware and its a fake...
    am i s.o.l from here?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just for future refferance-don't buy r4 brand cards-nothing but headaches.

So many different firmware types/fake cards make it hard to know what to use.

7. m3romz

m3romz Well-Known Member

And of course R4 is disconinued!

8. paully

paully Member

so will this work at all?? Seems as some think it will??

9. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Try other firmwares, like the old ones, and see if it will work....

10. TirithRR

Look through any info that came with your R4 card, like the box, for a website. That website will lead you to the correct firmware files for your R4 or R4 clone. If possible you could post a picture of the box for the users here to help identify which R4 you actually have, and then we can point you to the correct firmware that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.