1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game saves

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by plwilliams87, Mar 16, 2010.

1. plwilliams87

plwilliams87 Active Member

i use winrar to download roms off this site but when trying to download gamesaves off gbatemp or gamefaqs my computer says i dont have the right software what do i need or what am i doing wrong?????

is the software free like winrar???

2. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

well i'd say just stay on this site then

3. plwilliams87

what do you mean where are game save off of this site?
    Post Merge: [time]1268738016[/time]
    anyone else want to help out?
    Post Merge: [time]1268740425[/time]
    i still need help

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

What file extension does the downloaded file have?

5. plwilliams87

6. Fredbox

Just give me the link to where you downloaded the gamesaves from.

7. plwilliams87

gamefaqs.com

8. Fredbox

You don't need any software on your computer. You might be able to just use the savefile straight away (just name it exactly like the rom that it's for). But if the save file is in a different format (from a different flashcard than yours) then you'll need to convert it. But to do that, you need to know what format it's in right now.
    I know what, why don't you link me to the actual save file you are trying (like I asked before) so I can see what format the save is in, and also tell me what flashcart/emulator you're using.

9. plwilliams87

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/save/946308.html

I am using acekard2i with the current _aio

10. Fredbox

Ok, you need to go to http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php . Then click the browse button, and find the savefile you downloaded. Then, where it says "Source Format" choose Action Replay Max DS. Then, where it says "Target Format" choose the one with Acekard 2 in it. Then click convert and it should give you the savefile in the right format for your Acekard. Make sure you name the save file exactly the same as your ROM and put it in the right place and it should work fine.

11. plwilliams87

when i click on the gamesave it says what should firefox do with this file?
    with roms i use winrar so i tried that and it says it is an unknown format or damaged.

12. Fredbox

You don't need to use winrar because it's not a rar file! It's a save file! Just tell firefox to save the file, then do what I told you to do in my last post.

13. plwilliams87

ok thanks i guess i am really stupid when it comes to this stuff.

what do you know about music movies homebrew gameguides and metacritic scores on acekard2i????

14. Fredbox

I know that for music and movies you need Moonshell 2.10. As for homebrew, there's loads. t depends on what you want. There are homebrew emulators, puzzle games, platform games, calculators, applications etc. I don't know anything about gameguides and metacritic scored though.

So did the savefile work?

15. plwilliams87

yeah it worked thanks so much i have moonshell where can i find movies and music to put on the card whats some homebrew you use?

16. Fredbox

Moonshell plays:
    MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG, WAV, M4A, AAC, WMA, TTA, MID, RCP, R36, FLAC so if any of your music is in mp3 format (most people's music is) or any of the others it should play it fine. For movies, you have to convert your own video files into .dpg format, using a converter (I'd say BatchDPG is the best one). Or you can download the movies already in .dpg format from http://gbatmw.net/ . You just have to create an account with them and then you can download the movies.

And I have used a lot of homebrew, I can't just list them all. It depends on what you want the homebrew to do.

17. plwilliams87

were do i go in that link????

i have a gbc nes snes and genisis emulators are there any more???

18. Fredbox

This is a good thread.

19. plwilliams87

thanks i couldnt find movies

20. Fredbox

For GBATMW you just have to create an account, like you did to join Romulation.