1. This forum is in read-only mode.

game save help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RomMan9000, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RomMan9000

RomMan9000 Well-Known Member

Right, so I have the Pearl ROM from here and a .sav file converted using shunyweb.info, I converted .cud (American) into my Edge .sav.

But in any case, it isn't working. Help?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I assume you mean Pokemon Pearl? And by .cud you mean .duc?
    Make sure the NDS and the SAV are exactly the same name, and are in the same folder.

3. RomMan9000

RomMan9000 Well-Known Member

Done and done. And yes: Pokemon Pearl andd .duc.
    Step 1: Start game w/o save file present in same folder.
    Step 2: Game creates a save file.
    Step 3: Rename converted file to exact filename of Rom.
    Step 4: Turn on game and find I go through the tutorial again.
    Step 5: Look for help
    OH yea, so I took the converted/renamed .sav file and replaced it with the save file that the Rom created. But I still went through the tutorial. Am I just missing something all together here? Cause I'd like to have some sort of file I can work with for EV training (if anybody knows what that is) and cut out the middle man by trading back and forth checking the work.

Should I just do a DS backup of my original game onto the Flashcart? (even a site that makes this possible?)
    That help?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make sure you are using the latest firmware for the Edge. And make sure you converted the save file to the correct type.

5. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Are you sure that's what you did? I thought you were trying to get the one you downloaded working? If you want to use the downloaded one, don't replace it. Use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.