1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game/ROM code disparity,enlightenment anyone??

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bLATANT, Mar 22, 2010.

1. bLATANT

bLATANT Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Appologies if this has been asked before and I failed to find it with my search, or if this is in the wrong place (admin please move!!)

I have noticed that alot of the ROMS I source have codes that DO NOT match the codes here on Rom-ulation.
    Obviously these codes are important for finding, tracking, patching ect so, can anyone advise where I stand on this?? I browse for alot of different ROMS and am constantly geting confused...

A couple of examples:

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing [EUR]
    On Romulation gamecode: 4719 [BAHAMUT]
    (4719 = Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (USA) on ROM-FREAKS)
    On r4i-sdhc.com gamecode: 4757
    On ROM-FREAKS.net gamecode: 4757 [MULTi5]
    (4757 = Combat of Giants Mutant Insects (E) on Romulation)

Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders [EUR]
    On Romulation gamecode: 4456 [M5-BAHAMUT]
    (4456 = Style Lab Jewelry Design (U) on ROM-FREAKS)
    On ROM-FREAKS.new gamecode: 4476 [uncredited]
    (4476 = Fix It (E)(M6)(BAHAMUT)on Romulation)Whos right, who's wrong?

PS> Please, I'm not trying to start an inter-site flame war or anything, just trying to work out the numbering continuality...)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Both are right. Numbers are determined by the site, not by any central body, so its to be expected that numbers will differ between sites.

3. bLATANT

bLATANT Well-Known Member

Yea, I figured this to be the case, however it seems that there was quite a good match up untill hmmm 1500 :(

just thought I'd throw the question out there for discussion though, as alot of the ROMS available on torrents and the game codes used by some (if not all) of the R4/ArCard developers and ROM-FREAKS seem to match, its just Romulation seems a bit dispirate....

Oh well, guess I'll have to muddle through the 300 or so ROMS I have and rename them :( sad face, I loovevveee manual labour...