1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game of the Year Awards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dmac154, Dec 23, 2008.

1. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I was just thinking that with all the new members, and some veteran members, making new topics such as 'Which is the best NDS game?' or 'Which is the best shooter on the 360?'
    Why don't we just make a huge topic that gives them just that. A huge topic that each member can vote on, and at the end of the voting, the votes are tallied, and the game with the most votes receives the 'Romulation award' or (or something like that) for the chosen category.

So what do you think? Too much work or will it not work?

Any input/comments are welcome.
    Dmac

2. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Err guys?

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I'm all for it, except someone else will have to arrange it, I'm a wee bit busy these next couple of days.

4. asibrycec

asibrycec Member

yay! romulation awards hmmmm good idea but romulation already have a list of most downloaded roms however it only shows most downloaded roms of all time but not monthly isn't it?

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Game of the Year doesn't have to be most downloaded. :)

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'll be first to be against it. There's already enough game mags or shows or blogs showing us GotY or whatever and they always seem the be near the same. Unless it's a system like Kotaku, then I say no.

I'm a strange person who hates generalizations of what's the best game of the year. Sue me.

7. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Do the game of the year event in July. :)

8. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I think its a good idea. Have a vote maybe? or moderators can post their favourite games?

9. Girogex

Girogex Guest

Like Natewlie said it is everywhere I too see it in game magazines, geeks blogs, sites. It's you're choice however my companys slogon is "Time to think outside the box"