1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game mousetrap for commodore

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by agrash, Jan 18, 2013.

1. agrash

agrash New Member

Hello everyone,

My father asked me about a week ago to search for a game he once played on the commodore back in the day, but the problem is that he doesn't know which amiga or commodore he owned
    I personnaly don't have any experience with playing roms but when i searched on google i found these links that could help me:
    ale.emuunlim.com/guides/winuae-setup.shtml
    ale.emuunlim.com/guides/winfellow-guide.shtml

For the past week i tried doing every step with different downloads or emulators, but the game just keeps failing on me.
    Either i'm using the wrong kickstart, the wrong game, or even the wrong emulator or something.

For starters, does anyone know this game he was talking about? I found at least 2 different versions of the game.
    He remembered that the grafics were good for its age, that it was hard and that there were 50 lvl's in total.
    He said also something about the gameplay: when you die on for example lvl 10, you instantly go back to lvl 1. He also said that when you finished the game the mouse takes of his hat and steps into a car or something.

If i had a lead on what game he was talking about & which emulator to use and if possible a rather noob friendly one, since this is my first time using an emulator.

Thanks in advance :)

Friendly regards,
    agrash

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would guess it was either a commadore 64 or 128.

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

It will be one of these:
    http://www.lemonamiga.com/?game_id=766
    http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=4010

The emulators are simple to use so I guess you're doing something wrong. Look on those sites for help using them, they'll be able to help more than here.

4. agrash

agrash New Member

Those were the 2 different version that i found but what could the difference be between the 2 different games? Are they the same game but with improved grafics or something?
    Did anyone here play these games or know anything about them?

I would rather not ask my father, because i want it to be a suprise for him when i show up with this game

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

One was on the Commodore 64 and one was on the Commodore Amiga. The Amiga was the next generation to C64 so had much better graphics.