1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game Cube Tips anyone?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ZeroSlayer01, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroSlayer01

ZeroSlayer01 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I've had a little bit of difficulty getting the GBA and NDS emulators to work, but with some help and some helpful links, those work for me. Even with people's tips, suggestions, and a link to a website that supposedly has bios, I still can't figure out the Dreamcast...and there's very few PSX games that I haven't played on the actual PSX that I still want to play...

...so I'm pretty much looking into the game cube. The problem is that what I've read is already iffy, and I'm afraid that I'll never figure it out, and I'll end up waiting a few weeks to download a game that I'll never be able to play because I can't work the emulator.

...so while I'm waiting, are there any tips on how to set up the game cube right? I'm considering playing the Fire Emblem game for it or the Evolution game, so if those need anything extra or special, please let me know. Also, if you think you can help me with my dream cast problem, a message or a post on one of my forums about it would be appreciated.

Anyway, I saw something about a CPU, is that kind of like a bios in that I'll have to go googling like crazy just to find one, or is there any easier way to find one? Anything else I might need to know may be helpful too, thank you.

For my computer information, I use Windows Vista. I have a laptop, but I have a graphics card that's good enough to play The Sims 2 Double Deluxe with the movie scenes too, so I think my graphic's card's pretty good.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got no clue on the cpu...but the only tip I can give is a decent spec pc is required to play gamecube games.

I find it easier to just use a modded wii, or in my case, and modded gamecube :)

3. ZeroSlayer01

I don't have any gamecubes, though I used to play a friend's and when I saw how cheap they were at a used video game store, I thought about buying one, and the Wii isn't mine to use...or did you mean something else by modded Wii or game cube?

Thanks for the advice though ^^.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

A modded gamecube is an annoying process and it's best to get a professional to do so, my guy hated modding mine :(

Wii's are easier with soft modding, but because of what you said...that is entirely your choice.

Oh, and check the dolphin website for the latest revision and game compatibility list, so you don't waste downloads.

Google this term.

"dolphin+gamecube emulator"

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Get a dolphin emulator, perhaps the latest or previous one.
    Update your direct x, c++ and graphic card driver.

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=26791.0

But before that, could you tell us your PC specs?

6. ZeroSlayer01

No, it isn't my choice, since I don't have a gamecube and the Wii isn't mine. If I did have a choice, that would mean I could choose whether or not I wanted to mod the Wii. Maybe I do have a choice, but I could get into a serious mess of trouble that, for all I know, could mean the difference between literal life and death for me, since it might be hard to survive on the streets, if not impossible.

I updated the main post. I have Windows Vista. I want to know about that CPU thing though. Is it something that I have to go googling for? Since that didn't work out with the dreamcast bios, so I doubt it will work out with the CPU.

If I have to go googling a CPU just like I had to go googling the bios, I don't think I'm going to bother.
    Thanks for the advice so far though. I'll keep the dolphin emulator and the site in mind.

7. meganova

Tell us more of your PC specs,
    such as processor, RAM, and graphic card.
    My Computer -> Properties

You don't need bios to run Dolphin, only need the right settings to play certain games.

and I suggest use desktop than laptop, if your desktop is better than laptop.

8. ZeroSlayer01

I don't see that option for my computer option, which is just Computer. I have an Acer laptop, if that helps at all. And I wasn't sure if I needed a bios, but I was wondering what the whole CPU required thing was, like if it was something I had to go googling for, or if it came with the computer or something. I might type more information later if I can find it :(.

Thanks for the help so far though. I'm already feeling a bit more tempted to download the gamecube emulator. A few more tips, hints, and details may help though. We've still got a while, since it'll likely be a few weeks or so before I get enough points to download any games for it.

9. meganova

Right Click your My Computer and then choose 'Properties',

Just like I said before,
    You don't need any bios to run Dolphin.
    All you need was a good computer to run it.

10. ZeroSlayer01

I see it now. Sorry about that ^^;.

Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-52 1.60 Ghz
    Memory (RAM): 1790 MB
    System Type- 32 bit Operating System

I don't see the graphics card on there though.

And thank you ^^.

11. meganova

You can see for your graphic driver on Device Manager, if I remember correctly,
    It should placed on one of the tab where you saw your laptop specs.

But, with your current laptop spec, it will barely play any games.
    If your graphic driver was an Integrated ones, I suggest play it on desktop.

12. ZeroSlayer01

I don't see a graphic card option here either, but my Display Adapter is an ATI Radeon Xpress 1100.

And what you said about barely being able to play any games doesn't make a lot of sense, since I can play NDS games and they come out pretty clear, and I can also play GBA games that come out pretty clear, and now I'm also playing an N64 game that comes out pretty clear, and my Sims 2 Double Deluxe Game comes out pretty clear too.

I also don't mind if the game skips a little bit or freezes, so long as I can restart and continue playing, or if it's a bit blurry, so long as I can at least play.

Or do you mean it will barely play any of the bigger game files?

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The best way to play GC games is on a chipped GameCube or a modded Wii, like I have.

I just don't use the right cIOS to play GameCube games. ;)

14. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

There is no chance that laptop will run GC games at anywhere near acceptable speeds - in fact with a 32bit OS make that doubly so. You'll probably be able to run Bust a Move, and perhaps Ikaruga.

15. meganova

NDS(no$gba), GBA(VBA), and N64(P64) games only use some of your computer memory, and need little requirements.
    Where GC(Dolphin) uses lots of your computer memory, and need lots of requirements, same as PS2(PCSX2).

and having a graphic driver that can play Sims 2 Double Deluxe isn't good enough either.

If you already own any GC games, why not try it? and see if it working or not.

16. ZeroSlayer01

I don't. It'll likely be a few weeks before I get enough points for a gamecube game. Will they just not play, or will they play with lousey graphics?

What about dreamcast games? Do they take as much memory? I'm having trouble working the dreamcast. I downloaded what I believed to be a bios, but every time I try to use it, the dreamcast freezes. I have over 100 gb of storage space, if that has anything to do with memory, and about 80 something or so left, I think...

Mainly I want to play Evolution or Evolution 2 or something. I don't care if I play it on the DC or the gamecube. I just want to figure out how to work one of them :(.

17. meganova

How many points was it?
    I could spare some points for you, If you want.

About the DC emulator, I'll see what I can do.

18. kenshin1

kenshin1 Member

For the DC emu, you'll need to check the image to see if it's an 0winceos type, Dreamcast emu's won't run these. You'll need a real DC or a Treamcast to play those.

19. ZeroSlayer01

Is it really possible to do that? I haven't tried downloading it yet, so it's not like any points were wasted on this gamecube game yet. That's why I'm trying to figure out if I'd be able to play it before I download it, and like I said, I have weeks to wait, most likely. I want to play Evolution, and it says I need 779 more points to go before I can download it. That's a lot, so um...yeah ^^;.

As for th DC thing, I don't understand. Is it the bios that needs to be Owinceos type? I know that one of those things said google is my friend, but google seems to be more like an enemy for me. I have such a hard time finding something, and before I find what I'm looking for, my computer tends to get loaded with viruses before I can get very far. I still use the google search, but it's still hard to find things. It was a .torrent file, and the ones from emuparadise don't register as bios at all for some reason. I'm using chankast, or have been trying to.

As for the evolution files for that, there's three:

Kal-evn 2
    There are 3 of those.

One's a BIN, another a CUE, and the other an NFO file.

I could also be failing to set up the emulator correctly or be missing something. It's hard to tell, since I've little idea as to what I'm doing :(. I've been hanging onto the file though, just in case I can figure out the emulator. I don't care if it's on the gamecube or dreamcast. I just want to play evolution!

But again, were you saying that I won't be able to play the gamecube games at all, or just that I might not be able to, or that they just might not be as good of quality?

20. meganova

Actually, that's not a lot.
    If you want it, tell me.

Like I said before, your laptop might(or might not) play it, but just not up to the standard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.