1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game Cube Roms

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by residentfan15, Apr 16, 2009.

1. residentfan15

residentfan15 New Member

You know this place is the best for roms........... but i'd hope there would be Game Cube roms for Downloading i mean i linked my friend to the home page and he said there was no GC roms but for me i only focused on PSX and GBA roms so i didnt notice there was no GC category so i was wondering could it be possible to have a Game Cube category for Game Cube players??? if so then inform me if you guys will and when i say that i mean the admins of this site but yeah will you do it???

for anyone who agrees with me or not feel free to tell me through comments or messege me

2. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

there may a couple in the trading station Here

but i don't thinks seph has any plans to start hosting them any time soon

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Actually. http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7039/gamecube.png

It is planned, will just take a lot of time to repack and add.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Oh, can I get access to that FTP? ;)

(Just Kidding)

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes, when hell freezes over.

6. TirithRR

Hmmm. Good thing tonight in Hell, Michigan it's going to be 31 degrees Fahrenheit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

Surprise!

7. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

man that made my day ahah. never thought Hell would be an actual city's name
    but i wonder, is there yet a GameCube emulator that at least half works unlike the real slow PS2 ones?

8. TirithRR

Dolphin is supposed to be decent.

And the latest version of PCSX2 is pretty good if you have a decent PC. It runs quite a few games perfectly.

9. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

i too would like special access to those for all the hard work and slaving iv'e done on this site XD

(no kidding)

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...the day when a gamecube emu can play the actual disc is when I'll be downloading gc games...

But I'm for it, there are many games fot it that I might never see, and I HATE EBAY SHOPPING!

11. Loonylion

will never happen, PCs cannot read GC discs as they are technologically different to PC optical discs (I believe they're read in the opposite direction to PC discs)

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This I sadly, already know, I tried it...man I felt stupid :(

Oh well, good adition anyways...

13. Seph

GameCube releases are currently being replaced with releases that works on the Wii. That's sort of what I'm waiting for.

14. Ultimate-Sonic-3000

Ultimate-Sonic-3000 Well-Known Member

It's excatly like Wii, PS2 and other ISO's! Damn!

15. supertanno

supertanno Well-Known Member

PC's can hold the GC discs. Look into your CD-player and you'll see a little round valley. GC discs fit in there.

By editing the BIOS of a PC, it should be possible for a PC to play GC games (not sure I read something like that AGES ago, so I could be wrong about that one).

16. Loonylion

I never said they can't hold them, I said they can't read them. Theoretically it might be possible if you reflash your optical drive with a modified firmware, but its never been done and it would render the drive useless for any other discs. Altering the PC BIOS would not help and could well kill your PC.

17. supertanno

supertanno Well-Known Member

OK, in that case, I was wrong.

18. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Other Question: Is there any plan to start hosting the GC-Isos on romulation in the next few month?

19. Seph

Undecided, it's a massive effort to repack all of them and right now there are other things I'd rather spend my time on.

20. Girogex

Girogex Guest

Like wan.... I mean... well whatever you do besides romulation.