1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Game Choosing Help

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by KeeganV, Dec 14, 2010.

1. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

Can anyone reccomend rpg games on the ds with alot of weapons or classes, like disgaea and tactics a2? Or action rpg's like Soma Bringer. Thanks in advance :)

2. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest IX immediately leaps to mind. It doesn't have as many choices as the ones you mentioned, but it's decent enough. 12 or thereabouts, I think - and your party's fully customizable and can switch jobs IIRC.

3. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

Played it. :(

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

My favorite RPG (And the only good one really...)Is Tales of Innocence.

But give us some details, are you looking for real-time battle, adventure, tactical, what type of genre of RPG?

5. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

I really dont care what genre. A good rpg is a good rpg. And i swear i have played them all.

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Have you played what i named? Also, there's all the final fantasy's, Pokèmon games, Digimon games, and quite a few more... I believe the Layton series is a type of strategy RPG... Some fighting games, like one of the bleach's, have a story like thing, so it's kinda an RPG...

7. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

try the FF games that are on Ds, move to luminous arc then, then to the shin megami tensei series.

8. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

What about golden sun dark dawn?

9. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

Golden Sun doesnt work, and I`ve played the final fantasys, didn`t like luminous arc, and i played shin megami tensei series. Theres no good low-key rpgs out there?

10. Duncan Idaho

hmmph you are quite an exigent member,a ll rigth there are two i know that are capable of wearing down the nervers of nintendo hard die fans, hoshigami ruining blue earth: remix and knigths in the nightmare both are RPG but one plays like FFT the other more like Fire Emblem but much more like chess

11. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

Why do you say they wear down the nervers? :p

12. Solidifier-Snake

Solidifier-Snake Well-Known Member

Try Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals
    Its not very RPG-ic, but its got really good gameplay

13. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

I have tried Lufia many times. None work on my R4i

14. Solidifier-Snake

Rune Factory 3 has badass fighting

15. KeeganV

KeeganV Active Member

Call me whatever, I couldn't get into rune factory 3. Just didnt really like it that much

16. Duncan Idaho

little EXP, needs farming like crazy limited use of units, complex battle system, it literally wear downs any patience you have, Knigths in the knighmare is more difficult due to how its played you dont move the hcaracters all you do is poses one and select an attack zone, but some attacks are either inefective or do little damage plus there is the order and chaos function, depending on the enemy order makes them stronger or weaker, same goes for chaos and it also makes certainw eapon stronger or impossible to use.

17. Hunnibaer

Hunnibaer Member

Have you tried Hero Saga: Laevatein Tactics...?

It cannot be compared with the FFT series, but it's very strategical with many classes and weapons to equip... you could try it, tho i'm not sure if you like it... :)

18. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Shiren the Wanderer.

19. Solidifier-Snake

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is ten times better than Shiren the Wanderer

20. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Yes it is. But note that KV asked for games with weapons and classes. PMD only has classes, while STW has both. Try to make him happy.