1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Gah. School and motivation.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hazynighthawk, Apr 20, 2009.

1. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

So im in college. and i abosolutely have no motivation to do stuff. i cant pay attention in class. i dont do homework until like the last day to do it. like all i do is stuff thats not school work. like dose anyone have any tips to helppp motivation or help me concentrait better in class.??
    lol i need help cause im tired of being stressed to do work cause i dont do it before its due.

2. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

- Find somebody to study with, somebody that will keep going when you're tired of studying.
    - Listen to certain music, which isn't distracting.
    - Create a planning, and live by it. So don't fill it with 50 tasks from the start, because then you won't do them.
    - Look back at what you achieve in one week, and realize that it is quite a bit. Or that you should be doing more.

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i was the same, for me there was nothing i could do just be stressed out until i pass

but setting your self a target may help
    and music does help a little (has to be on headphones though) as it stops you getting distracted from sounds around you

also if it causes lots of problems you might want to ask your college for one of those iq test thingies, i did turned out i was awesome in some areas (top 2% of the uk population) but a spaz in others. i was then allowed extensions on my work which took the stress away a bit and they gave me tips on how to get my genius out of my head and on to paper.

or it means your course is shit and you need to find something that interests and motivates you

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If you're not that enthusiastic about college studies it only means one thing:

You're not that very into the field of study you're taking up. That's how most people I know & knew felt when it was too late when they realised they enrolled on a field they thought they liked because it is in demand like Nursing or Seamanship, but they later realise the path they took was not "them" in a sense.

5. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

I'm in high school, but it's recently been me too. Maybe you're getting depressed. Taking any new meds lately?

6. illicit

illicit Member

Here is a little motivation...I have been in college six years and am finally set to graduate in May this year. No, I'm not getting my master's...just have been really lazy. Six years for a BA degree is pretty sad.

7. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

lol well no new meds im abutally super happy . just go tthe girl of my dreams =)
    ummm the classes just suck cause thier boring soo yeah its not what i want but i need them for m my majors diploma. and study friend thats a good idea thanks guys =)

8. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

what the hell is wrong with Critical thinking? hehehe i really need to think critical? i thought they are going to teach that in the subject, and i didnt really expect that the subject critical thinking means thinking critical all the time.

damn you masteral, damn you!