1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Future Technologies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirchewie, Jun 6, 2009.

1. sirchewie

sirchewie Active Member

What technologies would you like to see in the future and how long do you think it will be before it becomes a reality?

For example, i would like to see fusion powered reactors which would be able to solve the energy crisis. I believe this technology will be efficient enough to be used in 50 years or so.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I think 20 years is a more accurate timeframe for fusion power. We already have a fusion reactor, but at this stage it requires more power to maintain the reaction than it generates.

3. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

I say in 100 years, it's gonna be Mars colonization

4. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

In 12 years there will be 2 high-tech new consoles.

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Within 3 years, after Windows 7 is released, there will be another OS introduced by Microsoft...

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think Vista and Windows 7 are going to be like ME and Windows XP. ME sucked, it was a bloated version of 98 with nothing new to offer. XP was slightly better when released, then over the course of seven years XP was stabilized to the point where it was considered a relatively good OS.

Windows 7 will probably be the next XP. People will fight it for a while in favor of XP (Just like people fought XP in favor of 98SE, many skipping ME all togother). Then Windows 7 will sit, grow, stabilize, and people will gradually shift.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

And I was just starting to like my tiny vista...

I'd give it two years.

8. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

in 3 and a half years, we'll all be dead

9. crazytuna

nahhh man that's just some bull

10. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I agree with you tuna

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Please make Hoverboards a reality :'(

Back to the Future said in 2015 we will be riding hover cars & hoverboards, but that's like 6 years from now & still not a hint of hover car technology yet :'(

Oh but Terminator 2 might become a reality, thanks to Honda's Asimo, real great idea Honda ;D

OK that's stupid & retarded...

Anyway by the things are going, Virtual reality might be sooner than we thought, the Wii & Microsoft's Project Nato is just the starting point, sooner or later, the Matrix might become a reality. So which will you take, the red pill or the blue pill?

12. crazytuna

oh man those would be awesome :D