1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Future Of Romulation.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MitsukaiXxX, Oct 10, 2009.

1. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

Recently many many rom sites have had problems with hosting direct links to NDS roms due to legal battles or something liek that.

I was wandering will this be the same fate for romulation?

Because romulation is the only decent rom site left :( and i dont like the thought of getting my roms from RapidShare XD XD..

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

RomU has ways around that...

They were shut down a long time ago.

Then they came back somehow...

They will find a way :)

3. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Nope. RomU has a much better system and RomU isn't here only for NDS downloads. :)

4. MitsukaiXxX

No the sites aint shut down....they cant give direct links(like romulation) so they only have links to file hosting sites e.g rapid libary,mega upload etc etc......

I know they have other roms....i think everyone's missing the question lol.......

Will the direct links be taken down for NDS.....just like all theother big rom sites....

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I already mentioned-romU will find a way...

They done it before-besides-if a company ask they will take off the rom.

Some EA and microsoft games have been pulled down...viva pinyata for ds is one example.

6. MitsukaiXxX

Yes and they can be asked to take down ALL roms.....like the other sites......

I dont understand what "way" this will be.....

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I asked-they won't tell.

If they did then they WILL be forced to indirectly link games :(

8. MitsukaiXxX

Awww man thats what i didnt wanna hear lol....

well just have to find out :(

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

By the time you find out...3 outcomes...

1.You'd be too old to care

2.You'd stopped using romU

3.romUlation has been shutdown again...

Just enjoy it while you can.

10. MitsukaiXxX

Lol i sure will :)

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

What the fuck? This is so full of fail.

1) We've never said we had ways around the law. We don't.
    2) We were never shut down, we once closed the site down voluntarily, wasn't forced, If you get shut down you sure as hell don't get up again on the same domain name.
    3) Instead of wondering what will happen just enjoy it while it lasts, we've never promised we will never close down but we do not see it happening any time soon.

12. MitsukaiXxX

Alrite calm down!!!!! LOL!!!!

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.I assumed you had some sort of agreement-after all...

2.I heard (from news articles before I joined) that this was "shut down" by nintendo-as old as they are there was more than one-sorry if I screwed up sir.

3.Ok then.

That was our admin-the guy who made the site-he ain't yelling, just annoyed.

14. MitsukaiXxX

I know who exactly Seph is lol.........

Seph all im saying is....that i hope this site dont lose direct downloads to NDS Roms,

Coz im sure youve noticed LOADS of other sites have been banned from this,and i cant see this site having any special previlges,and no "agreements".....lol :( :(....

But yes i hope it stays open and i will be enjoying all the roms you put up......:)

thank you.....

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

You know what gets sites like RomUlation in game developers/publishers' bad side?

It's people brazenly bragging that sites like this pwns the interwebz. Yes RomU is an awesome alternative to satisfy our gaming needs but we should all be shush about it.

May I incur the "I'll tell you how or what but I have to kill you if I did" clause? ;D

16. MitsukaiXxX

?????
    Lol why should we shhhhh....when its on google XD.......
    Bragging or not ,dosnt make a diffrence XD.....people still no about it....XD....

17. Seph

Yeah, not telling people isn't going to keep it a secret at all. What would make developers like us was if everyone went and bought the games they like, then they could keep producing games and RomUlation could keep existing!

18. MitsukaiXxX

Seph when PSP released demo's romulation took down the PSP roms as they were no longer needed yeah.

Will the DS section fall to the same fate if Nintendo release NDS demos :)......

Correct me if im wrong

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes it will, however, due to the costs involved in producing games cartridges its unlikely they will, unless they make them downloadable and playable on flashcarts. It really doesn't look like they have any intention of going that route.

20. Seph

Depends on the demo collection, it would have to be better than the PSP one, because it's really quite pathetic. The Demos really isn't the reason we don't have the ISOs, it's more like resources and potential legal issues.