1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Future Cop L.A.P.D. - Graphic glitches

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fire-blade, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire-blade

Fire-blade Member

Hey all first time poster here ;)
    First of all id like to say this place is awesome.

So here's my problem.
    I DL'd ePSXe, have all the files needed, BIOS, DLL's, GPU
    I DL'd a bin/cue of Future Cop LAPD (nostalgic win :D)

The first problem i had was the loading screens flicker like mad, the cutscenes display random textures anywhere on screen and i get large black holes with flickering textures in-game.

I played around with the settings for a while and managed to get everything running 100% clean (i got so excited - know I'm sad ;D) until in-game.

The starts fine, cutscene loads and plays, i start a new solo game, watch another two cutscenes, choose my loadout and start.
    The game plays fine, sounds fine, but some textures are just... well not there. They just flicker from the nearest texture to black really fast.

I have tried some different settings and different GPU plugins but i get the same glitches.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any questions please ask
    This is the first ever (and best PS1) video game i ever played, i wish EA would release it on a next-gen console.
    Thanks again
    Fireblade

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

what version of epsxe, and what plugins/settings?

3. Fire-blade

Fire-blade Member

Was just about to edit when i noticed you posted ;D
    I found the Plugins.zip on this site (sorry i didnt look earlier) and im flicking through them, trial and error.

So far the one that works on the graphics side is Dr.Hell's GDI Driver 0.6... Although it takes a while to load and i have minor but frequent sound glitches.

And my ePSXe Ver is 1.7.0, im pretty sure thats the newest ver.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would reccomend you use Pete's OpenGL (if you have a Nvidia graphics card) or Pete's DX7 (if you have a different graphics card). Use the 'nice' defaults and check the 'special game fixes' section. You may need to try ePSXe 1.6.0 or 1.5.2 as 1.7.0 is not always the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.