1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FullMetal Alchemist (Spoilers - Ending Related)

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Dynodevil, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Dynodevil

Dynodevil Well-Known Member

So i just watched episode 1 to 51 on a massive anime binge i was hooked throughout and i enjoyed the whole thing and recommend it to anybody that likes a decent anime.

However...I'm afraid the ending has left me confused. I downloaded the first episode of the new series called "Fullmetal_Alchemist_2_-_Brotherhood_-_01" subbed by Shinsen Subs. And find to my suprise that Al is back in his armor...yet the series i just finished watching showed Al back as a 10 year old kid with no memories and Ed in the other "world" as it where.

Have i missed a film intertwining them or is this series totally unrelated? I also noticed just from flicking through the new episode (yet to watch properly) that the Fuhrer is still there, when in the first series Mustang took him down =\ Somebody please explain the whole thing to me i'm really really confused.

2. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

The new series is not a continuation of the first.
    There is movie after the 51 episode show that ties up the loose ends.
    Also the new series is remake because after episode 27 of the first FMA it was all filler because the lady who makes the manga only comes out with one chapter per month....so the show went on without her but now the book is almost done and they want to do a faithful adaption but if its a remake the first 27 eps would be exactly the same so they want to mix it up in the first few episodes and then move on to the manga story.
    Also here is a list of places you watch the movie streamed
    http://search.ovguide.com/movies_tv.php?q=conqueror+of+shamballa
    and if you want to dl here is a list of torrents(or search on your own preferred "search engine")
    http://www.tokyotosho.com/search.php?terms=Conqueror+of+Shamballa&type=0

3. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Haha the Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is fun. Armstrong is dum as usual.

4. Dynodevil

Dynodevil Well-Known Member

Thank you very very much, i'm downloading the movie now. If this new series is more faithful to the proper manga then i spose thats win win all round as we get more Full Metal ;D

5. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

The old FMA series really was a great series; it was touchingly romantic and ended with tears and hapiness. However, this new anime is gonna be a whole lot juicier. For all those who have read the FMA manga will no what i mean :D