1. This forum is in read-only mode.

From M3 Perfect to M3 Sakura - is it possible?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by aguirre, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguirre

aguirre Member

Hello everyone,

I have an old M3 perfect with Passcard and Mini-SD-Adapter currently runnning on M3 Perfect v35. I´m wondering if it is possible to change the firmware to M3 Sakura because it seems to be far better than the old Perfect with Game Manager and all that hassle. Does anyone know the answer? And, if it´s possible, do I have to format my SD-Card before I start using the new firmware or can I just overwrite the old one with the M3 Sakura and keep my old games on it?
    Answers would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I believe others have asked, and tried, and the answer is no. M3 Sakura firmware won't work on the M3 Perfect.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It would only work on the Sakura (of course) and the M3 Real.

4. aguirre

aguirre Member

OK, thanks for the reply! Maybe it´s time getting some new hardware.

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I have an M3 Real and 2 micro SD cards my question is can I put the Sakura files on one SD card and leave the M3 files on the other? Or would I need to back up my M3 in case I see no use in the Sakura? For my noob question for the day what is the big deal about the Sakura anyway? Just being curious.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, that is possible. Just switch the MicroSDs depending on what kind of firmware you want loaded. Sakura is a really good firmware, supposedly.

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Good deal. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.