1. This forum is in read-only mode.

From DeSmuME to R4 SDHC cheating issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Merrysa, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Merrysa

Merrysa New Member

Heya all, thx on beforehand for reading this all :D

I'll start with the situation going on here: I used to play some ROMs on my laptop with DeSmuME (mostly pokemon SoulSilver) and I decided to buy an R4 for my dsi so i might play it on there. I bought an R4 SDHC 2013.
    I put some ROMs (about 7) on the R4 which worked perfectly. But since I played the pokemon games with cheats on the DeSmuME I tried putting my save file I had from the emulator to my R4 card. It was a .sav file, and i tried converting for hours on diffrent ways but nothing seemed to work, also the website of Shunyweb kept on giving the same file loading error (figured many people having the same issue with this website) and in the end I gave up on trying to get my save file work on my R4. xD (I was 100% sure it was the same name of the .nds file and in the right folder too) I'm pretty sure it IS possible, but after spending hours of trying I still didn't find a way to do it.

Instead, I started trying to put cheats on my R4. I downloaded a Cheat Code Editor (v.1.01) and made 8 cheats for pokemon SoulSilver - saved the usrcheat.dat in the "cheats" folder where it's supposed to be. I went to my rom and looked for the cheats.
    Visually they are all there, and I activated them too, but when I started my game just nothing happens. I made a second control of my usrcheat file but it seems fine. About 2 cheat codes are activated in game by doing [L+R] or [SELECT + UP], these don't work...and the other ones don't work either. xD So I'm kinda stuck now, wondering if it is just a small thing I'm not seeing or something that is wrong or just impossible with my R4.

If I find a way to fix the save file or the cheats I'll post it here again too, though I hope any of you can help! XD

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Try converting the DeSmuMe save file to R4 using this program : http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-uniquegeeks-offline-save-file-type-converter-26-alpha-f26025.html. Make sure to set the save file size to 512kbyte.

As for your cheating issue, can't help. I never see myself needing to cheat when playing NDS games. So no idea on that case.