1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Friend wants to play PSP ISOS without risk...Is this way good?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tomoka, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

He is on OFW 5.50, so we can't use ChickHEN.. He WILL NOT allow me to modify system files (Install CFW), So i'm wanting to use one of my games, which has the 6.20 update, to update his OFW to that, and then teach him to use TN HEN... Good idea, or is there a better way? BTW, it is a PSP 100x...

2. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Well with a psp 1000 its completely safe to mode it with cfw, but if you dont
    have a pandora's battery, go for 6.20 HEN. Just dont update farther than 6.35 for now.

3. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

why wouldnt he want cfw?

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I have a UMD with the 6.20 update...so that should be fine. :p

Because he realizes it would take a long time, which I only have 28min to do it, and he doesn't want to take ANY risk.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If you currently have a Pandora battery available, it only takes about 10 minutes to do. It is the easiest and quickest solution, and the battery makes a very handy tool for later in your PSP life when you decide to modify the firmware more and break something :)

7. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

I'm sure he had a fake/bad one

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I would but:

>.>

Reason it needs done tomorrow is because he's graduating and won't be back after tomorrow...otherwise I would wait..

9. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

The 6.20 update should work but just to be on the safe side, here is a noob friendly installer :)
    http://pspslimhacks.com/release-easy-6-20-tn-b-hen-installer-installs-everything-to-run-6-20-tn-b/

Id also like to add that youll have to get an iso loader. There are currently 2 different ones,
    prometheus loader and OpenIdea. Not every game would work for them but notable
    titles include KHBBS, MHP3, MHFU, FFD, FFIIVCC

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

That's actually what I used for mine. :p

And I also included the Prometheus loader. :p